PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Canon Elan 7 vs Canon Elan 7n (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=9847)

Melissa August 18th 04 03:54 PM

Canon Elan 7 vs Canon Elan 7n

Is there any real difference between the two bodies? I have a Canon
Elan 7 that I purchased about 3 years ago and I have a friend looking
into purchasing the Elan 7n and I assume it is the new version of the
Elan 7, but are there any differences???? She seems to find that the
elan 7 is more expensive than the ELan 7n.
Thanks!

Richard Cockburn August 18th 04 06:47 PM

(Melissa) wrote in
om:

Is there any real difference between the two bodies? I have a Canon
Elan 7 that I purchased about 3 years ago and I have a friend looking
into purchasing the Elan 7n and I assume it is the new version of the
Elan 7, but are there any differences???? She seems to find that the
elan 7 is more expensive than the ELan 7n.
Thanks!

I own the Elan 7. Great camera. I started out with a Rebel, then moved up
to the Elan. Unfortunately, I haven't used it as much as I'd like to. I
bought my digital 10D body shortly after the Elan, and film has taken a bit
of a backseat to digital in my home. Now that the 20D is on the horizon,
the 10D will soon become my second digital body (wife's camera ;-) ).

You can't go wrong with either Elan model, but the key additional features
in the 7N a

E-TTL II
Faster Autofocus (the 7 is pretty damn fast for the price I paid)
LCD backlight (nice touch)

--
"We are twice armed if we fight with faith." (Plato)

-Richard Cockburn