PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   20D: IN THE DARK ! (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=13812)

Annika1980 September 23rd 04 01:20 PM

20D: IN THE DARK !

http://www.pbase.com/image/34152731

This is a long (almost 9 minutes) exposure that I took last night using only
the light from the moon.

Annika1980 September 23rd 04 01:23 PM

Here's my lighting setup for that pic.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/34152890

Alan Browne September 23rd 04 04:50 PM

Jan Keirse wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/image/34152731

This is a long (almost 9 minutes) exposure that I took last night using only
the light from the moon.

Impressive (technologically), nice (photographically), probably can't do it
(myself) ;-)

There is no magic here. Although most recent cameras use their batteries
quickly when holding up the mirror up when doing this ... I'm not sure if the
20D that Bret used has the same mirror holdup catch mechanism that is in the
EOS-1v which prevents excessive battery drain during long exposures.

Cheers,
Alan

Joseph Kewfi September 23rd 04 07:00 PM

This is a long (almost 9 minutes) exposure that I took last night using
only
the light from the moon.

Haven't you done all this kind of thing before with the D60? when will you
be finished testing the 20D and get down to making some interesting and new
images with it?

Annika1980 September 24th 04 03:12 AM

From: "Joseph Kewfi"

Haven't you done all this kind of thing before with the D60? when will you
be finished testing the 20D and get down to making some interesting and new
images with it?

In two weeks. Aloha!

Ryadia September 24th 04 03:41 AM

Annika1980 wrote:

http://www.pbase.com/image/34152731

This is a long (almost 9 minutes) exposure that I took last night using only
the light from the moon.

Don't they have wind where you live?

Ryadia

Alan Browne September 24th 04 03:46 AM