PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   [SI] Doors - "The Words" (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=123464)

Robert Coe June 8th 12 05:43 PM

[SI] Doors - "The Words"

On Tue, 05 Jun 2012 16:53:35 -0400, SI Committee
wrote:
: On 2012-06-05 13:11 , sid wrote:
: Savageduck wrote:
:
: On 2012-06-05 08:03:47 -0700, Savageduck
: said:
:
:
: BTW: Resetting the "Followup-To" header to one group, when the X-post
: is appropriate, can screw things up for an individual who might be
: reading this in one of the excluded groups.
:
: Debating with you over our interpretations of good Usenet etiquette
:
: In "usenet etiquette" one correct behaviour is to see how the group acts
: - and in the case of the SI, x-posting in these 4 groups is the norm and
: has been for several years.
:
: These four groups represent overlapping groups of participants.
:
: This is why all [SI] postings go to the 4 groups. By editing that,
: you're cutting off part of the audience when you reply to the comments -
: including those that "originate" outside of rpd.slr-systems.

Historically, not all service providers have carried all groups. I've
encountered providers that carried all or nearly all "rec" groups but no "alt"
groups.

Bob

Alan Browne June 8th 12 09:53 PM

[SI] Doors - "The Words"

wrote:

: This is why all [SI] postings go to the 4 groups. By editing that,
: you're cutting off part of the audience when you reply to the comments -
: including those that "originate" outside of rpd.slr-systems.

Historically, not all service providers have carried all groups. I've
encountered providers that carried all or nearly all "rec" groups but no "alt"
groups.

To users who get and prefer alt.photography the SI is present. To those
who don't get .alt it's a moot point.

IAC this splinter is about all 2 of the people who bitch about the SI
without taking advantage of a simple subject filter. They need an
excuse to whine apparently.

--
"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
-Samuel Clemens.

Savageduck[_3_] June 8th 12 10:33 PM

[SI] Doors - "The Words"

On 2012-06-08 13:53:26 -0700, Alan Browne

wrote:

: This is why all [SI] postings go to the 4 groups. By editing that,
: you're cutting off part of the audience when you reply to the comments -
: including those that "originate" outside of rpd.slr-systems.

Historically, not all service providers have carried all groups. I've
encountered providers that carried all or nearly all "rec" groups but no "alt"
groups.

To users who get and prefer alt.photography the SI is present. To
those who don't get .alt it's a moot point.

IAC this splinter is about all 2 of the people who bitch about the SI
without taking advantage of a simple subject filter. They need an
excuse to whine apparently.

I get all four of the groups in question, and I am fortunate to have a
Usenet client which will, after I have read a message in one group,
mark the same message as "read" in the other three groups.

So, if I am reading messages in a particular group, and then check the
next group, I only have to read those messages marked "Unread".
Neat.

Savageduck