PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Power camera for a lifetime on one charge. Nuclear batteries (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=132924)

geoff August 29th 20 08:54 AM

Power camera for a lifetime on one charge. Nuclear batteries

On 29/08/2020 6:44 pm, RichA wrote:
This would be terrific. But political busybodies and other morons would try to stop it. Even though pacemakers have had nuclear powered electronics for 40 years.

https://techxplore.com/news/2020-08-...d-diamond.html

I think it would be more like the mega-corps who don't want things to
last long would bury it, if it was viable.

geoff

Eric Stevens August 29th 20 10:38 AM

Power camera for a lifetime on one charge. Nuclear batteries

On Sat, 29 Aug 2020 19:54:33 +1200, geoff
wrote:

On 29/08/2020 6:44 pm, RichA wrote:
This would be terrific. But political busybodies and other morons would try to stop it. Even though pacemakers have had nuclear powered electronics for 40 years.

https://techxplore.com/news/2020-08-...d-diamond.html

I think it would be more like the mega-corps who don't want things to
last long would bury it, if it was viable.

If it works (unlike the water-fueled cars, supposedly suppressed) the
mega-corps will fight over the patents.

Eric Stevens

danny burstein August 29th 20 02:30 PM

In geoff writes:

On 29/08/2020 6:44 pm, RichA wrote:
This would be terrific. But political busybodies and other morons
would try to stop it. Even though pacemakers have had nuclear
powered electronics for 40 years.

Err, no, no, nogity no.

There was a _short_ period in the 1970's where plutonium
powered pacemakers were, indeed, tested and installed
in patients.

And yes, they worked fine.

However, this was also the time period in which we saw
some pretty big improvements in batteries so the plutonium
units quickly went bye bye.

(There were also some pretty annoying regulatory issues
with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission).

So yeah, they were out there. But no more.

Savageduck[_3_] August 29th 20 02:56 PM

Power camera for a lifetime on one charge. Nuclear batteries

On Aug 29, 2020, danny burstein wrote
(in article ):

writes:

On 29/08/2020 6:44 pm, RichA wrote:
This would be terrific. But political busybodies and other morons
would try to stop it. Even though pacemakers have had nuclear
powered electronics for 40 years.

Err, no, no, nogity no.

There was a _short_ period in the 1970's where plutonium
powered pacemakers were, indeed, tested and installed
in patients.

I remember the 1970’s “Staticmaster” polonium antistatic vinyl disc brushes which came complete with radiation warnings.
https://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/consumer%20products/staticeliminator.htm

Savageduck

Bill W August 29th 20 05:05 PM

Power camera for a lifetime on one charge. Nuclear batteries

On Aug 29, 2020, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

writes:

On 29/08/2020 6:44 pm, RichA wrote:
This would be terrific. But political busybodies and other morons
would try to stop it. Even though pacemakers have had nuclear
powered electronics for 40 years.

Err, no, no, nogity no.

There was a _short_ period in the 1970's where plutonium
powered pacemakers were, indeed, tested and installed
in patients.

I remember the 1970’s “Staticmaster” polonium antistatic vinyl disc
brushes which came complete with radiation warnings.
https://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/consumer%20products/staticeliminator.htm

I wonder if Litvinenko owned one of those...

Savageduck[_3_] August 29th 20 06:42 PM

Power camera for a lifetime on one charge. Nuclear batteries

On Aug 29, 2020, Bill W wrote
(in ternal-september.org):

writes:

On 29/08/2020 6:44 pm, RichA wrote:
This would be terrific. But political busybodies and other morons
would try to stop it. Even though pacemakers have had nuclear
powered electronics for 40 years.

Err, no, no, nogity no.

There was a _short_ period in the 1970's where plutonium
powered pacemakers were, indeed, tested and installed
in patients.

I remember the 1970’s “Staticmaster” polonium antistatic vinyl disc
brushes which came complete with radiation warnings.
https://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/consumer%20products/staticeliminator.htm

I wonder if Litvinenko owned one of those...

At least he is now static free.
No pops, or crackles when you play him back on your turntable.

Savageduck

Bill W August 29th 20 11:54 PM

writes:

On 29/08/2020 6:44 pm, RichA wrote:
This would be terrific. But political busybodies and other morons
would try to stop it. Even though pacemakers have had nuclear
powered electronics for 40 years.

Err, no, no, nogity no.

There was a _short_ period in the 1970's where plutonium
powered pacemakers were, indeed, tested and installed
in patients.

I remember the 1970’s “Staticmaster” polonium antistatic vinyl disc
brushes which came complete with radiation warnings.
https://www.orau.org/ptp/collection/...iceliminator.h
tm

I wonder if Litvinenko owned one of those...

At least he is now static free.
No pops, or crackles when you play him back on your turntable.

I guess we can thank Putin for the quiet playback. He’s too humble to take
credit.