PhotoBanter.com

-   -   DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=132694)

nospam January 7th 20 11:22 PM

DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon

In article ,
RichA wrote:

Yes, we know they still dominate professional photography, no question. But
Canon's recent release of a $6000, 2kg pro model is probably going to be the
last of that type. Nikon is releasing the D780 which is a replacement for
the D750 which was a poor man's replacement for the truly Pro D700. Either
one of these could be seen as the last of their class, in my opinion. Canon
needs to up its mirrorless game as does Nikon to finally nail the DSLR coffin
shut.

thereby killing all the pros.

Bud Spencer January 8th 20 12:07 AM

On Tue, 7 Jan 2020, nospam wrote:

thereby killing all the pros.

Elaborate!

How are "all the pros" alive today and why would they be killed?

Adapting to new situations would be part of being "pro" in my book ... but
I might be completely wrong about this. It might be the ability to whine
about all the things not happened yet ... who know?

/
Bud
/

a1=S0
b1=[1..2,'L0L']
a2=2*a1
a3=S1.4#b1
a4=(a2,a3)
a5=64*a4

nospam January 8th 20 09:56 AM

DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon

In article
alpine.BSF.2.21.9999.2001080203290.47337@cerebro. liukuma.net, Bud
Spencer wrote:

thereby killing all the pros.

Elaborate!

How are "all the pros" alive today and why would they be killed?

read the post to which i responded.

Bud Spencer January 8th 20 06:41 PM

On Wed, 8 Jan 2020, nospam wrote:

read the post to which i responded.

Just like when you go tp the toilet and wonder "here it should be ...
where is it?" while franticly hunt for the leaky bit ... which cannot be
found.

Once again you are just so full of your sameolsameol ...

But don't worry. It's ok to wet your pants once in a while, you are not
judged ...

/
Bud
/

a1=S0
b1=[1..2,'L0L']
a2=2*a1
a3=S1.4#b1
a4=(a2,a3)
a5=64*a4

nospam January 8th 20 06:49 PM

alpine.BSF.2.21.9999.2001082034450.52911@cerebro. liukuma.net, Bud
Spencer wrote:

read the post to which i responded.

Just like when you go tp the toilet and wonder "here it should be ...
where is it?" while franticly hunt for the leaky bit ... which cannot be
found.

Once again you are just so full of your sameolsameol ...

But don't worry. It's ok to wet your pants once in a while, you are not
judged ...

that would be you.

there was *no* ambiguity as to what was meant.

nospam January 9th 20 02:09 PM

DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon

In article , Incubus
wrote:

Yes, we know they still dominate professional photography, no question.
But
Canon's recent release of a $6000, 2kg pro model is probably going to be
the
last of that type. Nikon is releasing the D780 which is a replacement for
the D750 which was a poor man's replacement for the truly Pro D700. Either
one of these could be seen as the last of their class, in my opinion.
Canon
needs to up its mirrorless game as does Nikon to finally nail the DSLR
coffin
shut.

thereby killing all the pros.

Even as a non-professional, the optical viewfinder is a huge advantage for me.
Even though modern EVFs have less lag, I like to keep one eye in the
viewfinder
and one eye tracking what is about to come into view when I am shooting
anything remotely action oriented. An EVF would be worse than useless for me.
That is just one of the benefits of a DSLR.

you could easily do that using an evf without any issue whatsoever.

the problem with evf is latency. while it's quite good, it will never
be as good as optical. simple physics.

danny burstein January 9th 20 02:12 PM

DSLR death-throws. Canon and Nikon

In nospam writes:

[snip]

Even though modern EVFs have less lag, I like to keep one eye in the
viewfinder
and one eye tracking what is about to come into view when I am shooting
anything remotely action oriented. An EVF would be worse than useless for me.
That is just one of the benefits of a DSLR.

you could easily do that using an evf without any issue whatsoever.

the problem with evf is latency. while it's quite good, it will never
be as good as optical. simple physics.

On the other paw, there's a built in time delay factor involved
with swinging the mirror out of the way.