PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Finally got to the point where no new camera holds my interest (waiting for specific offering) (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131886)

Alfred Molon[_4_] December 20th 18 10:49 PM

Finally got to the point where no new camera holds my interest (waiting for specific offering)

What camera do you use now?
--
Alfred Molon

RJH December 23rd 18 11:49 AM

Finally got to the point where no new camera holds my interest(waiting for specific offering)

On 20/12/2018 23:11, RichA wrote:
On Thursday, 20 December 2018 17:49:12 UTC-5, Alfred Molon wrote:
What camera do you use now?
--
Alfred Molon

E-M5II. E-M10II. A smattering of Nikon and Pentax as well.

JOOI, would you consider the E-M10II much of a step up from the mk1?

I've been using the mk1 a while - a higher res EVF would be nice. But
the most infuriating thing for me is the constant hunting (and rarely
finding) of the AF, especially in low light.

Wondering if the mkII has improved in this respect.

Or indeed there's some user error going on, or a fault in the camera.

--
Cheers, Rob

RJH December 24th 18 02:37 PM

On 24/12/2018 10:45, RichA wrote:
On Sunday, 23 December 2018 06:49:52 UTC-5, RJH wrote:
On 20/12/2018 23:11, RichA wrote:
On Thursday, 20 December 2018 17:49:12 UTC-5, Alfred Molon wrote:
What camera do you use now?
--
Alfred Molon

E-M5II. E-M10II. A smattering of Nikon and Pentax as well.

JOOI, would you consider the E-M10II much of a step up from the mk1?

I've been using the mk1 a while - a higher res EVF would be nice. But
the most infuriating thing for me is the constant hunting (and rarely
finding) of the AF, especially in low light.

Wondering if the mkII has improved in this respect.

Or indeed there's some user error going on, or a fault in the camera.

--
Cheers, Rob

The Panasonic GX8 has a superb EVF, and it does make a great difference, in no small part to the optics behind it. The better the EVF combo, the better the experience.

Yes, I can imagine. But it's a hefty investment for that one feature.
Might wait for the mkIV

--
Cheers, Rob