PhotoBanter.com

-   Darkroom Equipment For Sale (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   FS 8X10 Saltzman (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=36466)

DEMitchel August 21st 03 05:21 AM

FS 8X10 Saltzman

Moving to new house, so unit will have to go to a new home.
Tall, Saltzman enlarger, 8X10 could easily be made to work with 11X14.
Has focus, lift and tilt on geared controls
This is the version set up for aerial photography, has swings and tilts
in the negative stage and on the baseboard. Probably built during WWII,
has that hefty built to last sort of construction.
Unit is very heavy, will need to be hauled by truck or trailer.
Needs a minimum ceiling height over 10 feet. and about 5 feet out from
wall to area for darkroom worker to stand.
Bellows are light tight, has some rust which will need attention. I
have one 8X10 film holder
You will need to provide light source, lens. On the web you can see an
image of one being used at
http://www.dot.state.oh.us/aerial/Hi...ear.asp?Y=1951
My unit does not have the rolling reels or the light source, the stand is
lower than the one pictured.
If you are in reasonable driving distance and will give me occasional
access to use the enlarger, I will give it to you!
Item is in Sacramento, CA
remove the exes below to reply
Email to as I don't want my regular email
exspammed.