PhotoBanter.com

-   Fine Art, Framing and Display (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Polaroid help (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=58343)

Paolo Caforio March 6th 06 11:15 PM

Polaroid help

Hi all i'm Italian and i'm looking for some help
to learn the art of Polaroid manipulation.
Yesterday i bought my first Polaroid 600 glossy
and i tryed to manipulate with a wood stick and
a sculpture item (i don't now the word :p ).

i would like to know the methods to draw black or
white lines. In my photos there are black and white lines (most black) but
i don't know how i made them.

Sorry for my very "italian" English.

Thanks
Paolo

Angela M. Cable March 7th 06 04:22 AM

Polaroid help

Paolo Caforio wrote:

Hi all i'm Italian and i'm looking for some help
to learn the art of Polaroid manipulation.
Yesterday i bought my first Polaroid 600 glossy
and i tryed to manipulate with a wood stick and
a sculpture item (i don't now the word :p ).

i would like to know the methods to draw black or
white lines. In my photos there are black and white lines (most black) but
i don't know how i made them.

I haven't tried SX-70 manipulation. I have done image and emulsion
transfers and have a few sites bookmarked that mention the SX-70 stuff.
Try these:
http://www.chemie.unibas.ch/~holder/SX70.html
http://shinsaku.homeip.net/priv/camera/SX-70/

There's a movie he
http://www.freestylephoto.biz/vidclips.php

--
Angela M. Cable
Paint Shop Pro 8, 9, X Private Beta Tester

PSP Tutorial Links:
http://www.psplinks.com/

5th Street Studio, free graphics, websets and mo
http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354/

Paolo Caforio March 7th 06 11:24 AM

Polaroid help

Angela wrote:

There's a movie he
http://www.freestylephoto.biz/vidclips.php

In this video the teacher speak too faster for my me...
Can you help me?
I don't understand how, with the same pen, he can
differentiate black and white signs (pression? times?).
I have same problems to translate....

Thanks

Paolo

Angela M. Cable March 7th 06 01:48 PM

Polaroid help

Paolo Caforio wrote:
Angela wrote:

There's a movie he
http://www.freestylephoto.biz/vidclips.php

In this video the teacher speak too faster for my me...
Can you help me?
I don't understand how, with the same pen, he can
differentiate black and white signs (pression? times?).
I have same problems to translate....

He says that to get dark lines you press hard with the tool. To get
light lines you press less hard. The black stuff is evidently on the
bottom of the "stack" under the emulsion. The white stuff is above the
black stuff. Also, I don't know if you understood the texturing process,
what he was using is sandpaper, you can buy it at any hardware or home
improvement store. Here's a picture of a package of sandpaper:
http://tinyurl.com/q8xy5

Paolo Caforio March 7th 06 02:47 PM

Polaroid help

In Italy the sandpaper is called "cartavertrata" (glasspaper).
Now i understand everythig thanks to your help.

If you need help on photography technicisms call me.

P.S. a little bit of SPAM
my music band www.tacitotumulto.com
i'm the guitarist