PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Need advice (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=89501)

nana wilson November 28th 07 12:51 AM

Need advice

Hi All.

I already have an Olympus 2100 ultra zoom. I am in the market for a smaller
digital camera (purse size) Any suggestions? Under $200.

TIA
Nana NOT giving up the old 2100!!

none[_2_] November 28th 07 01:23 AM

Need advice

nana wilson wrote:
Hi All.

I already have an Olympus 2100 ultra zoom. I am in the market for a smaller
digital camera (purse size) Any suggestions? Under $200.

TIA
Nana NOT giving up the old 2100!!

under 200 is a bit of a stretch why not try to get a rebel eos

--
http://www.photochimper.com
A great digital photo Club/forum

Shawn H. November 28th 07 02:32 AM

Need advice

Check out http://www.dpreview.com

nana wilson November 28th 07 02:32 AM

Need advice

I don't understand what a 'rebel eos' is :-( I have seen cameras around
$200 that are very nice.
Nana

nana wilson November 28th 07 02:47 AM

Need advice

Thanks Shawn!

I have bookmarked the site!
Nana

H.S.[_2_] November 28th 07 04:22 AM

Need advice

nana wilson wrote:
Hi All.

I already have an Olympus 2100 ultra zoom. I am in the market for a smaller
digital camera (purse size) Any suggestions? Under $200.

TIA
Nana NOT giving up the old 2100!!

You might wanna take at look at Canon A570 IS (should be around $150
from BHVideoPhoto web site). It is 7M pixel camera, manual controls
included and has optical image stabilization. Next, check out the Canon
A720 IS, same as the previous one but 8M pixels. Both take 2 AA sized
batteries.

However, for a purse camera, maybe Canon SD1000 or SD800 would be even
better. There are ultra compact cameras but have proprietary batteries.

Other than those, you can always take a look at http://dpreview.com for
comparisons and reviews.

-HS

SMS 斯蒂文• 夏 November 28th 07 04:37 AM

Need advice

H.S. wrote:

You might wanna take at look at Canon A570 IS (should be around $150
from BHVideoPhoto web site). It is 7M pixel camera, manual controls
included and has optical image stabilization. Next, check out the Canon
A720 IS, same as the previous one but 8M pixels. Both take 2 AA sized
batteries.

There are more differences between the A720 IS and the A570 IS than just
the resolution.

The A570 IS has a 35 - 140 mm lens, while the A720 IS has a 35mm - 210
mm lens. The A570 IS is a better choice in terms of image quality, with
a better lens and less noisy sensor.

However, for a purse camera, maybe Canon SD1000 or SD800 would be even
better. There are ultra compact cameras but have proprietary batteries.

The SD800 IS is a better choice than the SD1000, IMVAIO. Larger pixels,
wide angle lens, and image stabilization.

David J Taylor[_4_] November 28th 07 07:34 AM

Need advice

nana wilson wrote:
Hi All.

I already have an Olympus 2100 ultra zoom. I am in the market for a
smaller digital camera (purse size) Any suggestions? Under $200.

TIA
Nana NOT giving up the old 2100!!

Take a look at the Panasonic TZ3:

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonictz3/

Purse size, and a 28 - 280mm zoom range.

Cheers,
David

David J Taylor[_4_] November 28th 07 07:35 AM

Need advice

none wrote:
nana wilson wrote:
Hi All.

I already have an Olympus 2100 ultra zoom. I am in the market for a
smaller digital camera (purse size) Any suggestions? Under $200.

TIA
Nana NOT giving up the old 2100!!

under 200 is a bit of a stretch why not try to get a rebel eos

A DSLR is purse size?

NYNY John November 28th 07 01:56 PM

Need advice

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:35:17 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote:

none wrote:
nana wilson wrote:
Hi All.

I already have an Olympus 2100 ultra zoom. I am in the market for a
smaller digital camera (purse size) Any suggestions? Under $200.

TIA
Nana NOT giving up the old 2100!!

under 200 is a bit of a stretch why not try to get a rebel eos

A DSLR is purse size?

Only for his purse.

They never give up trying to suggest things for others that the other person
clearly doesn't want and doesn't need. Meaning: "I never read anything, I just
spew."