PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Circuit City Question (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=49282)

[email protected] September 13th 05 01:53 AM

Circuit City Question

Circuit City has the Nikon D-50 for $799.00. Someone told me if you buy
Nikon from them you dont get a warranty from Nikon. Does anyone know if
this is true? Thank you in advance.
Dan

Sheldon September 13th 05 02:13 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
Circuit City has the Nikon D-50 for $799.00. Someone told me if you buy
Nikon from them you dont get a warranty from Nikon. Does anyone know if
this is true? Thank you in advance.
Dan

I got my D70 from them. Not only got a good deal, but got a rebate from
Nikon and a full Nikon US warranty. I have no idea what you're talking
about, unless you heard that from a competitor.

Circuit City scams! September 13th 05 04:02 AM

wrote:
Circuit City has the Nikon D-50 for $799.00. Someone told me if you buy
Nikon from them you dont get a warranty from Nikon. Does anyone know if
this is true? Thank you in advance.
Dan

You should get the standard manufacturers warrantyfrom Nikon.

What CC won't tell you is this....

When you purchase they will put unbelieveable pressure on you to buy
the their extended warranty plans. These are pure profit for CC.
When it is time for you to exercise your warranty it is a crap shoot
whether they will make good on their premises. Some people will get a
new replacement product while others are forced to take it up the butt!
It's up to you if you want to take the risk!

In my opnion you would be better off to wait for somehting as good to
show up at your local Costco or go to Costco.com. In my case Circuit
City's out tech messed up my TV and CC won't fix the set or
replace the set. I paid $399.99 for my extended plan. I'll never set
foot in a CC again. They can go broke for all I care...

It's gets down to this, You can go with CC and have no troubles with
service or you can have an 8 month nghtmaire like I have.

I buy all my electronics from Costco now. It's not worth the hassle to
save 10% at CC.

FWIW

Kelly

Taswolf September 13th 05 11:37 AM

"Circuit City scams!" wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Circuit City has the Nikon D-50 for $799.00. Someone told me if you buy
Nikon from them you dont get a warranty from Nikon. Does anyone know if
this is true? Thank you in advance.
Dan

You should get the standard manufacturers warrantyfrom Nikon.

What CC won't tell you is this....

show up at your local Costco or go to Costco.com. In my case Circuit

City's out tech messed up my TV and CC won't fix the set or
replace the set. I paid $399.99 for my extended plan. I'll never set
foot in a CC again. They can go broke for all I care...

What? You paid 400 bucks for an extended warranty for a 600 dollar product?
That can't be....

T.W.

no_name September 13th 05 01:43 PM

Circuit City scams! wrote:

wrote:

Circuit City has the Nikon D-50 for $799.00. Someone told me if you buy
Nikon from them you dont get a warranty from Nikon. Does anyone know if
this is true? Thank you in advance.
Dan

You should get the standard manufacturers warrantyfrom Nikon.

What CC won't tell you is this....

When you purchase they will put unbelieveable pressure on you to buy
the their extended warranty plans.

So, just say no. It's fairly easy.

BTW, if you're into scamming Circuit City, wait until it goes on sale
for less at Costco & buy it at Circuit City ... go back the next day
with Costco's ad & get the difference plus 10%.

I've un-intentially done that several times & Circuit City paid up with
out even blinking.

And I should point out Circuit City didn't tell the original poster the
Nikon wasn't covered by Nikon USA, someone else told him that about
Circuit City.

AustinMN September 13th 05 01:46 PM

Taswolf wrote:
Kelly wrote:
show up at your local Costco or go to Costco.com. In my case Circuit
City's out tech messed up my TV and CC won't fix the set or
replace the set. I paid $399.99 for my extended plan. I'll never set
foot in a CC again. They can go broke for all I care...

What? You paid 400 bucks for an extended warranty for a 600 dollar product?
That can't be....

T.W.

A fool and his money, as they say.

Austin

David Geesaman September 13th 05 01:54 PM

wrote:
Circuit City has the Nikon D-50 for $799.00. Someone told me if you buy
Nikon from them you dont get a warranty from Nikon. Does anyone know if
this is true? Thank you in advance.
Dan

You should get the standard manufacturers warrantyfrom Nikon.

What CC won't tell you is this....

show up at your local Costco or go to Costco.com. In my case Circuit

City's out tech messed up my TV and CC won't fix the set or
replace the set. I paid $399.99 for my extended plan. I'll never set
foot in a CC again. They can go broke for all I care...

What? You paid 400 bucks for an extended warranty for a 600 dollar
product?
That can't be....

The ampersand suggests she typo'd on $2599.

Dave

SMS September 13th 05 08:56 PM

no_name wrote:
Circuit City scams! wrote:

wrote:

Circuit City has the Nikon D-50 for $799.00. Someone told me if you buy
Nikon from them you dont get a warranty from Nikon. Does anyone know if
this is true? Thank you in advance.
Dan

You should get the standard manufacturers warrantyfrom Nikon.

What CC won't tell you is this....

When you purchase they will put unbelieveable pressure on you to buy
the their extended warranty plans.

So, just say no. It's fairly easy.

BTW, if you're into scamming Circuit City, wait until it goes on sale
for less at Costco & buy it at Circuit City ... go back the next day
with Costco's ad & get the difference plus 10%.

Uh, when have you EVER seen an ad from Costco. They don't advertise.

I've un-intentially done that several times & Circuit City paid up with
out even blinking.

Sure you did.

Bob B. September 13th 05 09:28 PM

In article ,
SMS wrote:

no_name wrote:
Circuit City scams! wrote:

wrote:

Circuit City has the Nikon D-50 for $799.00. Someone told me if you buy
Nikon from them you dont get a warranty from Nikon. Does anyone know if
this is true? Thank you in advance.
Dan

You should get the standard manufacturers warrantyfrom Nikon.

What CC won't tell you is this....

When you purchase they will put unbelieveable pressure on you to buy
the their extended warranty plans.

So, just say no. It's fairly easy.

BTW, if you're into scamming Circuit City, wait until it goes on sale
for less at Costco & buy it at Circuit City ... go back the next day
with Costco's ad & get the difference plus 10%.

Uh, when have you EVER seen an ad from Costco. They don't advertise.

Sure they do. They do mailings to their members. Plus they sometimes
hand out flyers with when you enter the store.

I've un-intentially done that several times & Circuit City paid up with
out even blinking.

Sure you did.

Bob B.

henryp September 13th 05 09:59 PM

wrote:
Circuit City has the Nikon D-50 for $799.00.

You're kidding? B&H has the D50 body for 599.95. The D50 w/18-55mm kit
is 739.95. What makes Circuit City's so hot?

Henry Posner
B&H Photo-Video, Inc.