PhotoBanter.com

-   -   photographing a computer screen? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=15827)

Hugh Nagle October 16th 04 11:04 AM

photographing a computer screen?

Now, I know I could do a screen capture, but I was wondering if anyone had
any ideas on how best to photograph a computer screen.

Saw a very nice pic on a newspaper today. Shallow depth of field - far
greater "feel" than could be generated with software from the contents of a
screen capture.

Any ideas?

Hugh

Joseph Meehan October 16th 04 11:19 AM

Hugh Nagle wrote:
Now, I know I could do a screen capture, but I was wondering if anyone had
any ideas on how best to photograph a computer screen.

Saw a very nice pic on a newspaper today. Shallow depth of field - far
greater "feel" than could be generated with software from the contents of
screen capture.

Any ideas?

Hugh

Long exposure. At least twice the refresh rate.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Hugh Nagle October 16th 04 11:26 AM

On 10/16/04 11:04 AM, in article
, "Hugh Nagle"
wrote:

Now, I know I could do a screen capture, but I was wondering if anyone had
any ideas on how best to photograph a computer screen.

Saw a very nice pic on a newspaper today. Shallow depth of field - far
greater "feel" than could be generated with software from the contents of a
screen capture.

Any ideas?

Hugh

I should have elaborated. I'm using a Nikon d70 to photograph the flat, LCD
screen of a Mac PowerBook G4.

Hugh

HRosita October 16th 04 12:40 PM

Hi,

Check out this url:
http://home.san.rr.com/cymarron/monitor/
Rosita

HRosita October 16th 04 12:40 PM

Hi,

Judson McClendon October 16th 04 01:22 PM

"Hugh Nagle" wrote:
Now, I know I could do a screen capture, but I was wondering if anyone had
any ideas on how best to photograph a computer screen.

snip
Any ideas?

Yes, do a screen capture. You get 100% resolution, 0% distortion, perfect
color representation, what more could you want? :-)
--
Judson McClendon (remove zero)
Sun Valley Systems

b4 October 16th 04 01:40 PM

You won't need much depth of field if it's flat then ! :)

"Hugh Nagle" wrote in message
On 10/16/04 11:04 AM, in article
, "Hugh Nagle"

b4 October 16th 04 01:40 PM

You won't need much depth of field if it's flat then ! :)

"Hugh Nagle" wrote in message
On 10/16/04 11:04 AM, in article
, "Hugh Nagle"

James Silverton October 16th 04 02:03 PM

"Hugh Nagle" wrote in message
Now, I know I could do a screen capture, but I was wondering if
anyone had
any ideas on how best to photograph a computer screen.

Saw a very nice pic on a newspaper today. Shallow depth of field -
far
greater "feel" than could be generated with software from the
contents of a
screen capture.

Any ideas?

Hugh

Do you have an LCD monitor? I just picked up my camera and took a
picture with my little Nikon 3200. It's fine; no bands or anything but
with a CRT, I'd use an exposure several times the refresh rate.

--
James V. Silverton
Potomac, Maryland, USA