PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   [SI] Macro/Closeup - additions (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=123356)

Alan Browne June 1st 12 12:42 AM

[SI] Macro/Closeup - additions

On 2012-05-29 20:21 , SI Committee wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/macrocloseup

Note a few more additions - well worth the look.

--
"Civilization is the limitless multiplication of unnecessary necessities."
-Samuel Clemens.

Savageduck[_3_] June 1st 12 01:03 AM

[SI] Macro/Closeup - additions

On 2012-05-31 16:42:04 -0700, Alan Browne

On 2012-05-29 20:21 , SI Committee wrote:
http://www.pbase.com/shootin/macrocloseup

Note a few more additions - well worth the look.

The all too welcome return of Bret!!

As usual he provides a level of work (with good tools) many of us would
like to attain.
Macro-1:
Superb blue contrasted against the black field. Very good.
Macro-2:
An ant trapped in dreamy red. Another very good abstract vision.
Macro-3:
....and some really nasty looking ants at work. The detail on the ants
is very good. Was this a baited field?

Savageduck

Noons June 1st 12 01:13 PM

[SI] Macro/Closeup - additions

tony cooper wrote,on my timestamp of 1/06/2012 10:17 AM:

Bret Douglas's stuff? I've always thought that kid has potential. If
he ever buys some decent gear, and gets out and takes a few
photographs, he might come up with something worth a second look.

:-)
Actually, three of the most interesting shots in there were taken with a p&s
camera... But Bret's stuff is also nice, particularly the blue flower thingie.