PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Photo Apps with Slideshow options (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=24902)

Abs January 7th 05 10:21 PM

Photo Apps with Slideshow options

Hi!

I'm looking for photo apps with slideshow options (transition
effects, sound, etc.). I only know of Ulead's Photo Explorer. Could you
tell me about similar apps, please ?

Thanks

Gavyn Aaron January 7th 05 10:28 PM

On Fri, 07 Jan 2005 23:21:19 +0100, Abs wrote:

Hi!

I'm looking for photo apps with slideshow options (transition
effects, sound, etc.). I only know of Ulead's Photo Explorer. Could you
tell me about similar apps, please ?

Thanks

I believe Roxio and Nero both include this function in their photo
suites.

Regards,

Gavyn Aaron
Photo/Videographer, Artist

ECM January 8th 05 12:02 AM

I use Sonic MyDVD 4.0 (came with a DVD burner) and it works OK. Video
Explosion Deluxe(which is a repackaged Sony program) can do the same;
it gives you better control over music tracks and menus. I've also got
Pinnacle Studio 8.0 - when it works, it can create a really nice
slideshow in DVD or VCD formats. Too bad it doesn't work more than 1
time out of 5. (Just in case you didn't catch it - Pinnacle products
are JUNK)

ECM

Mike Fields January 8th 05 01:51 AM

"Abs" wrote in message
Hi!

I'm looking for photo apps with slideshow options (transition
effects, sound, etc.). I only know of Ulead's Photo Explorer. Could you
tell me about similar apps, please ?

Thanks

Check out ProShow Gold from Photodex -- I have made a number
of slide shows with it and have been generally happy with it.
Good transitions, text effects etc. Download the trial version and
see what you think. http://www.photodex.com
Try several others also -- what one person finds perfect for their
application does nothing for someone else.

mikey

[email protected] January 12th 05 07:38 AM

A great site to visit if you want to use this is:
http://www.photo-to-dvd.com