PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Introduction and first question on Pyro/HP5+ (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=132957)

Jos Segers September 23rd 20 06:34 PM

Introduction and first question on Pyro/HP5+

I am new to this forum and are based in the Netherlands.
Technique: 100% traditional, no scanning or digital processing; medium format black and white (Pentax 67II); Preferred film is Ilford FP4+, developed in Pyrogallol. 40 years of darkroom and still learning http://www.photobanter.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

Having experience with FP4+ in Pyrogallol, I am now searching for a pyrogallol formula which works well with HP5+.
Before me I have an older formula by Patrick Gainer that I would like to try.

This formula does not imply any water and/or sodium sulphite as a preserver.

The formula to make 500ml stock solution:
- Pyrogallol 50 gr
- P-aminophenol base 2,5 gr
- Ascorbic Acid 4 gr
(To dissolve heat the TEA to 150 F)

Has anybody experience with this formula?
How should I mix? Instruction is welcomed.
Is the stain proportional to density as it should be?
Risk of uneven development when using a Patterson tank with spirals?
How does HP5+ perform when developed in this formula? Pro's or contra's?

Thanks,
Jos.