PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Questions about recording Video on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 Digital Camera (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=12736)

Mike September 13th 04 12:31 AM

Questions about recording Video on a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 Digital Camera

I'm going to buy a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W1 digital camera.
How much (time) can I record on a 512MB Memory Stick Pro card?

Can I use the card to store photos or do I need to buy aNother card for
that?

Thanks,

Mike
\

Steven Blackwood September 13th 04 01:48 AM

Yes, you can use the same card to store photos. Using the Fine setting
(640x480, 30 frames p sec.), you can record about 6 minutes. Using the
STANDARD setting ( 15 fps) you can record about 22 minutes. This assume an
empty card.

Steve

Steven Blackwood September 13th 04 02:21 AM

A difficult question to answer. Because the sensor is so small, the images
are quite noisy at ISO 200 or 400. They are better at 100 but not as clean
as a DSLR or even the Sony 717 which has the same resolution but a larger
sensor.
Thus, the larger the print, the more interpolation of noisy pixels. I would
say that 8 x10 would be around the largest that you should expect to look
really good. BUT, when think about it, that;s pretty good.
Steve