PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Canadian pricing/pre-ordering of new Nikon and Canons (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=85501)

RichA August 30th 07 01:30 AM

Canadian pricing/pre-ordering of new Nikon and Canons

Pricing might be a tad high, compared to the U.S.

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...encyPreference

Not Disclosed August 30th 07 02:06 AM

RichA wrote:
Pricing might be a tad high, compared to the U.S.

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...encyPreference

The D200 was also pre-ordered MSRP of $2150CAD when it was announced. My
guess is it will be $1800CAD when it starts to trickle into store in
February 2008.

Besides Henry's is the most expensive store in Canada.

King Sardon August 30th 07 03:53 AM

Canadian pricing/pre-ordering of new Nikon and Canons

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 17:30:57 -0700, RichA
wrote:

Pricing might be a tad high, compared to the U.S.

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...encyPreference

How so? CAD 1399 at Henrys vs. USD 1299 at B&H for the body is about
right.

KS

RichA August 30th 07 03:31 PM

wrote:

Pricing might be a tad high, compared to the U.S.

http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...entDisplay?sto...

Why should you care? It isn't like you are planning to buy one.

Take it up with Henry's if you think their prices are out of line.

TR

Hardly, I've bought my last four cameras from them. (C-3040, C-8080,
E-1 and E-330) I'm willing to pay more to a company who has stock and
provides good service.

Not Disclosed August 30th 07 06:27 PM

wrote:

Pricing might be a tad high, compared to the U.S.
http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...entDisplay?sto...

Why should you care? It isn't like you are planning to buy one.

Take it up with Henry's if you think their prices are out of line.

TR

Hardly, I've bought my last four cameras from them. (C-3040, C-8080,
E-1 and E-330) I'm willing to pay more to a company who has stock and
provides good service.

So why Henry's, lately in Ottawa they don't offer prices lower the MSRP,
and they push the in-store warranty and Henry's high interest rate
creditcard.

Celcius August 30th 07 10:58 PM

Canadian pricing/pre-ordering of new Nikon and Canons

"Not Disclosed" wrote in message
. com...
wrote:

Pricing might be a tad high, compared to the U.S.
http://www.henrys.com/webapp/wcs/sto...entDisplay?sto...
Why should you care? It isn't like you are planning to buy one.

Take it up with Henry's if you think their prices are out of line.

TR

Hardly, I've bought my last four cameras from them. (C-3040, C-8080,
E-1 and E-330) I'm willing to pay more to a company who has stock and
provides good service.

So why Henry's, lately in Ottawa they don't offer prices lower the MSRP,
and they push the in-store warranty and Henry's high interest rate
creditcard.

I don't know what you're talking about.
I got very good prices fronm them in Orleans and Ottawa and as far as
service, they're first class.
I don't squabble over a few dollars. What counts is good advice and good
service.
Marcel