PhotoBanter.com

-   -   This Morning's Breakfast Crowd (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=128670)

Savageduck[_3_] August 19th 15 05:09 PM

This Morning's Breakfast Crowd

https://db.tt/6MlG79L3

Savageduck

Savageduck[_3_] August 19th 15 09:23 PM

This Morning's Breakfast Crowd

On 2015-08-19 16:09:35 +0000, Savageduck said:

https://db.tt/6MlG79L3

Now a dead link.

I guess everybody has been peeking without making a comment and Dropbox
has let me know that the daily 20 GB bandwidth limit has been reached.
I have a hard time believing that it was accessed 30+ times by lurckers
in this NG.

Anyway, I have pulled this mp4 from Dropbox and moved it to Adobe CC.
http://adobe.ly/1LllBgc

Savageduck

George Kerby August 20th 15 01:41 AM

This Morning's Breakfast Crowd

Quite the crowd! Is it like this every summer, or is it because of all of
the forest fires and drought in CA?

On 8/19/15 3:23 PM, in article
2015081913232878840-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, "Savageduck"

Savageduck[_3_] August 20th 15 02:32 AM

On 2015-08-20 00:41:45 +0000, George Kerby said:

Quite the crowd! Is it like this every summer, or is it because of all of
the forest fires and drought in CA?

I believe the drought is the major factor, there is much less in terms
of flower nectar sources and I am also getting a fair number of bees at
the feeders. It has pretty much been crowded for the last 30 months,
Summer & Winter with peaks into July-August. I have been going through
10 Lbs of sugar/week when the traffic was low to normal, up to 30 Lbs
of sugar/week at the current rate.

It is kind of silly as I don't use sugar for myself.

John McWilliams August 20th 15 07:49 AM

On 2015-08-20 00:41:45 +0000, George Kerby said:

Quite the crowd! Is it like this every summer, or is it because of all of
the forest fires and drought in CA?

I believe the drought is the major factor, there is much less in terms
of flower nectar sources and I am also getting a fair number of bees at
the feeders. It has pretty much been crowded for the last 30 months,
Summer & Winter with peaks into July-August. I have been going through
10 Lbs of sugar/week when the traffic was low to normal, up to 30 Lbs of
sugar/week at the current rate.

It is kind of silly as I don't use sugar for myself.

Anyway, I have pulled this mp4 from Dropbox and moved it to Adobe CC.
http://adobe.ly/1LllBgc

Nice! I have only three feeders, and go through gallons a week. (mixed
at 4:1) What ratio do you use?

Sometimes they're so thick they remind me of mosquitos.

Savageduck[_3_] August 20th 15 08:25 AM

On 2015-08-20 00:41:45 +0000, George Kerby said:

Quite the crowd! Is it like this every summer, or is it because of all of
the forest fires and drought in CA?

I believe the drought is the major factor, there is much less in terms
of flower nectar sources and I am also getting a fair number of bees at
the feeders. It has pretty much been crowded for the last 30 months,
Summer & Winter with peaks into July-August. I have been going through
10 Lbs of sugar/week when the traffic was low to normal, up to 30 Lbs of
sugar/week at the current rate.

It is kind of silly as I don't use sugar for myself.

Anyway, I have pulled this mp4 from Dropbox and moved it to Adobe CC.
http://adobe.ly/1LllBgc

Nice! I have only three feeders, and go through gallons a week. (mixed
at 4:1) What ratio do you use?

Yup! Gallons a week is putting it mildly. I am goin g through gallons
per day!! My mob must be true sugar junkies even at 4:1 and all have a
diabetic future.

Sometimes they're so thick they remind me of mosquitos.

The humming noise can be quite intense, along with all the frantic
chirping. They have become so used to me that they will fly down and
start feeding while I am carrying a refilled feeder back to hang up.

Savageduck

PeterN[_6_] August 20th 15 02:56 PM

On 2015-08-19 16:09:35 +0000, Savageduck
said:

https://db.tt/6MlG79L3

Now a dead link.

I guess everybody has been peeking without making a comment and Dropbox
has let me know that the daily 20 GB bandwidth limit has been reached. I
have a hard time believing that it was accessed 30+ times by lurckers in
this NG.

Anyway, I have pulled this mp4 from Dropbox and moved it to Adobe CC.
http://adobe.ly/1LllBgc

Where's Alfred Hitchcock when we need him.

--
PeterN

George Kerby August 20th 15 03:26 PM

This Morning's Breakfast Crowd

On 2015-08-19 16:09:35 +0000, Savageduck
said:

https://db.tt/6MlG79L3

Now a dead link.

I guess everybody has been peeking without making a comment and Dropbox
has let me know that the daily 20 GB bandwidth limit has been reached. I
have a hard time believing that it was accessed 30+ times by lurckers in
this NG.

Anyway, I have pulled this mp4 from Dropbox and moved it to Adobe CC.
http://adobe.ly/1LllBgc

Where's Alfred Hitchcock when we need him.

That's right. The Duck live close to where the film was shot as I recall...

Savageduck[_3_] August 20th 15 03:59 PM

On 2015-08-19 16:09:35 +0000, Savageduck
said:

https://db.tt/6MlG79L3
Now a dead link.

I guess everybody has been peeking without making a comment and Dropbox
has let me know that the daily 20 GB bandwidth limit has been reached. I
have a hard time believing that it was accessed 30+ times by lurckers in
this NG.

Anyway, I have pulled this mp4 from Dropbox and moved it to Adobe CC.
http://adobe.ly/1LllBgc

Where's Alfred Hitchcock when we need him.

That's right. The Duck live close to where the film was shot as I recall...

That was filmed at Bodega Bay, which is quite a way North of where I
am. About 400 miles North.

Savageduck

John McWilliams August 20th 15 07:56 PM

On 2015-08-20 00:41:45 +0000, George Kerby
said:

[...]

Yup!

I refill in situ as it were, and get buzzed the old fashioned way.

I've noticed that a few of the mummers feel it's their duty to keep
others away....