PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Travel without a camera (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=130435)

Sandman June 6th 17 05:50 PM

Travel without a camera

So me and the family went to London over the weekend and I dared myself to
not bring a camera along, using only my iPhone:

http://jonaseklundh.se/pages/Resa_Utan_Kamera

All shot with the iPhone, all edited on the iPhone (or in Photos on the Mac,
but it's pretty much the same controls).

Many photos are blown out and it's nowhere near to compete with a full format
sensor when it comes to dynamic range or ISO, but for shooting touristy shots
in London, I think it did pretty well, actually. The "depth effect" cheat is
pretty awesome at faking a short focal range, and the saturation and contrast
is really good to begin with.

--
Sandman

RJH June 6th 17 06:51 PM

Travel without a camera

On 06/06/2017 17:50, Sandman wrote:
So me and the family went to London over the weekend and I dared myself to
not bring a camera along, using only my iPhone:

http://jonaseklundh.se/pages/Resa_Utan_Kamera

All shot with the iPhone, all edited on the iPhone (or in Photos on the Mac,
but it's pretty much the same controls).

Many photos are blown out and it's nowhere near to compete with a full format
sensor when it comes to dynamic range or ISO, but for shooting touristy shots
in London, I think it did pretty well, actually. The "depth effect" cheat is
pretty awesome at faking a short focal range, and the saturation and contrast
is really good to begin with.

I think they look pretty good - I tend to be drawn to sky/contrast and
things like building detail. Acquits itself well on those counts, IMHO.

--
Cheers, Rob