PhotoBanter.com

-   -   How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=80905)

[email protected] May 15th 07 03:31 AM

Jer May 15th 07 04:28 AM

wrote:
How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

The questions presumes the images were good in the first place, so if an
image is bad, one could always say my card ate the best part of it.

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Len Bryan May 15th 07 07:27 AM

How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

On Mon, 14 May 2007 21:31:01 -0500, "
wrote:

How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

Life of the photos is directly proportional to the "cheese" factor.
More cheese = earlier death.

Seems fair.

Len

Toby[_2_] May 15th 07 08:30 AM

How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

I have heard talk about 10 years for flash memory to retain data.

Toby
wrote in message
t...
How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

Ron Hunter May 15th 07 09:35 AM

wrote:
How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

Years, at least. Probably longer.

John Bean May 15th 07 09:49 AM

How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

wrote:

How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

Life of the photos is directly proportional to the "cheese" factor.
More cheese = earlier death.

You have to be careful extending the life though. Try too
hard and you get an "Out of Cheese" error and you're
stuffed.

--
John Bean

[email protected] May 15th 07 10:32 AM

How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

On May 15, 12:31 pm, "
wrote:
How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

Until you really need them, and they can innately sense that you have
no second copy (aka "backup")....

[email protected] May 15th 07 11:02 AM

wrote:
How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

I think the SD-card spec says 10 years iirc.
Not that anyone should try the roulette game.. ;)

I suspect the longetivity of the 10000'th write isn't the same as for the
10'th one. No bias in to either one.

ray May 15th 07 04:35 PM

How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

On Mon, 14 May 2007 21:31:01 -0500, wrote:

How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

If you write them to the media and leave it? A LONG time. If you're
constantly rewriting, it will wear out.

bob May 15th 07 05:06 PM

How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

wrote in message
t...
How long will photos stay on a sd card before going bad?

3 weeks, if you keep the cards in the fridge.