PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Agfa Rodinal and Kodak Tri-X 400XT (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=249)

silva March 7th 04 12:33 AM

Agfa Rodinal and Kodak Tri-X 400XT

Hello, I'm a beginner (very)

Tri-X 400XT developing times using Rodinal, are they ok?

1:25 -- 7 min /20ºC
1:50 -- 13 min /20ºC

Regards,
João Silva

David Nebenzahl March 7th 04 03:39 AM

Agfa Rodinal and Kodak Tri-X 400XT

On 3/6/2004 3:33 PM silva spake thus:

Hello, I'm a beginner (very)

Tri-X 400XT developing times using Rodinal, are they ok?

1:25 -- 7 min /20ºC
1:50 -- 13 min /20ºC

Sure, as long as you don't mind tons (I guess "tonnes" to you) of grain.

--
The Bush administration should restrain itself from its imperial arrogance
that has so alienated countries around the world. Their contempt for the

- Excerpt from TransAfrica statement on the situation in Haiti, 2/17/04
(http://www.transafricaforum.org/)

Mike March 7th 04 08:14 AM

Agfa Rodinal and Kodak Tri-X 400XT

Try 400TX in Rodinal diluted 1:100 for 18 minutes at 68F. Really good
tonal range and much finer grain that the high dilutions

- Mike

Gary Beasley March 7th 04 05:52 PM

Agfa Rodinal and Kodak Tri-X 400XT

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 23:33:43 -0000, "silva"
wrote:

Hello, I'm a beginner (very)

Tri-X 400XT developing times using Rodinal, are they ok?

1:25 -- 7 min /20ºC
1:50 -- 13 min /20ºC

Regards,
João Silva

I would check the working speed of the film with these times before
doing anything really serious, Rodinal makes a quarter to a full stop
speed loss on most films, depending on what film. Other than that I
like it, it's my everyday developer.

Jason Charalambides March 9th 04 12:39 AM

Agfa Rodinal and Kodak Tri-X 400XT

Try this link for a bunch of development times and combinations:

http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html

I personally like TriX shot at 100 ASA with Rodinal 1+50 developed for 7.5
minutes. I usually shoot with a red filter. Now I can assure you that this
is not a development time you will find elsewhere but I do that in order to
get more than just a couple of shades of gray (!) decent contrast, darker
skies and Rodinal is so sharp! I had many years of experimentation until I
came up with this formula that I keep for TriX. If you shoot TriX at 400
the development time and the mixing is right on. It is however more grainy
this way.

JC

Gary Beasley March 9th 04 11:09 PM

Agfa Rodinal and Kodak Tri-X 400XT

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 23:39:17 GMT, "Jason Charalambides"
wrote:

Try this link for a bunch of development times and combinations:

http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html

I personally like TriX shot at 100 ASA with Rodinal 1+50 developed for 7.5
minutes. I usually shoot with a red filter. Now I can assure you that this
is not a development time you will find elsewhere but I do that in order to
get more than just a couple of shades of gray (!) decent contrast, darker
skies and Rodinal is so sharp! I had many years of experimentation until I
came up with this formula that I keep for TriX. If you shoot TriX at 400
the development time and the mixing is right on. It is however more grainy
this way.

JC

That sound intrigueing, I think I'll try it, thanks!