PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Film scanners anyone? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=91715)

Mike Russell January 6th 08 10:12 AM

Film scanners anyone?

"Ted Gibson" wrote in message
Does anyone use dedicated film scanners anymore? I have a Minolta
Dimage Scan Elite that I no longer use and just wondered if there's
still any 'value' to it. It looks and works great and is complete
with both slide and film carriers, user manual, CD, AND a PCI SCSI
card. I hate to just 'toss' it...

It's definitely worth something. Take the plunge and sell it on eBay.

--
Mike Russell - www.curvemeister.com

Rudy Benner January 7th 08 12:07 AM

Film scanners anyone?

"Ted Gibson" wrote in message
Does anyone use dedicated film scanners anymore? I have a Minolta
Dimage Scan Elite that I no longer use and just wondered if there's
still any 'value' to it. It looks and works great and is complete
with both slide and film carriers, user manual, CD, AND a PCI SCSI
card. I hate to just 'toss' it...

Ted

Where are you located?

Tony Cooper January 7th 08 02:49 AM

Film scanners anyone?

On Sun, 06 Jan 2008 18:38:41 -0500, Ted Gibson
wrote:

Central Florida...

"Ted Gibson" wrote in message
. ..
Does anyone use dedicated film scanners anymore? I have a Minolta
Dimage Scan Elite that I no longer use and just wondered if there's
still any 'value' to it. It looks and works great and is complete
with both slide and film carriers, user manual, CD, AND a PCI SCSI
card. I hate to just 'toss' it...

Ted

Where are you located?

Damn. Wish you would have posted this sooner.

I recently ordered this:
http://www.hammacher.com/publish/740...promo=homepage
It's on backorder.

I plan to use it to scan my slides and then re-sell it on eBay. Dunno
how good it is, but I have Photoshop 7 and can tweak the resulting
images. Once I'm done with the project, I'll have no further use for
it.

I was going to buy a scanner with slide copying ability, but I have a
good scanner and re-selling a scanner is a problem. Shipping it would
be a bear.

Drop me an email, and if H-M doesn't come through maybe we can work
something out. I guess you're near Orlando.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Ted Gibson January 7th 08 03:39 AM

Film scanners anyone?

Tony,
I'm actually up in Ocala. If you want, e-mail me
) and I can tell you a bit more about this
scanner.
Ted

Tony Cooper January 7th 08 04:15 AM

Film scanners anyone?

wrote:

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/740...promo=homepage

Done.

--

Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida

Paul Bartram January 7th 08 05:03 AM

Film scanners anyone?

"Ali" wrote

I still use a film scanner. Put it on EBay, you maybe surprised.

I'm sure Ted intended to, and it would fetch enough to be worth the effort.
He and I have been email buddies for years, and I suggested he post here but
not to publicise an eBay auction, as it might lead to a Spam complaint.

However, it looks like he and Tony Cooper might come to some arrangement,
and that is good to see - both parties win. RPD is good like that!

Incidentally, Ted *gave* me his old Nikon LS1000 scanner some years ago, and
I have always been grateful for that. From memory, the postage to Australia
was around $35 US.

Paul

Dennis Pogson January 7th 08 09:45 AM

Film scanners anyone?

Paul Bartram wrote:
"Ali" wrote

I still use a film scanner. Put it on EBay, you maybe surprised.

I'm sure Ted intended to, and it would fetch enough to be worth the
effort. He and I have been email buddies for years, and I suggested
he post here but not to publicise an eBay auction, as it might lead
to a Spam complaint.

However, it looks like he and Tony Cooper might come to some
arrangement, and that is good to see - both parties win. RPD is good
like that!

Incidentally, Ted *gave* me his old Nikon LS1000 scanner some years
ago, and I have always been grateful for that. From memory, the
postage to Australia was around $35 US.

Paul

The replies tell you a lot.

There are literally thousands of photographers with slides and negatives
taken in the fifties and sixties who want to digitise them.

Put it on E-Bay, but not before you have used E-Bay to find out what such
devices are fetching, you will be pleasantly surprised! Some of the better
film scanners fetch over $1000.

Dennis.