PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Flash Attachment for Sony DSC-V1 (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=23203)

ssnazzy9 December 19th 04 08:54 PM

Flash Attachment for Sony DSC-V1

I would like to buy an external flash for my camera. It has an
"advanced accessory shoe" on it and I thought that I could just buy any
external flash (non-Sony). I stopped in a Wolf Camera store yesterday
and was told that only a Sony flash would work - that Sony used a
special pin design in their shoes and nothing else would work. However,
in surfing today I found a "Digi-Slave" flash which claims to work with
all Sony models (as well as many others). Can someone tell me the
truth? Also, I don't understand the difference between a slave flash
vs. ordinary flash -- and TTL or ADI -- I'm just an average user and
don't understand the technology. I just want to take better flash
pictures and the built in flash is inadequate in many situations.
Thanks in advance for any help.
M. Stewart

Pete D December 20th 04 01:52 AM

Pretty much any flash will work, you will get better results with the Sony
flashes however they are expensive. I use an Incablitz 280AZ and that works
pretty well for larger areas.

Zip over to www.sonycams.com there are quite a few V1 users that can help.

Cheers.

Pete D