PhotoBanter.com

-   -   A few more from Yosemite (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=130372)

Savageduck[_3_] May 18th 17 05:00 AM

A few more from Yosemite

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvqfsozxu086j53/DSF4553-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/or7cq6um4psithj/DSF4573-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/byvhxa4iqicdw03/DSF4685-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uonqwq86ierx5ug/DSF4758-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/448rl27c57zsiye/DSF4740-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3lpskk7dcay8ql/DSF4763.jpg

Savageduck

Russell D.[_3_] May 18th 17 05:45 AM

A few more from Yosemite

On 05/17/2017 10:00 PM, Savageduck wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvqfsozxu086j53/DSF4553-E.jpg

Beautiful. The sky is awesome.

Russell

Mayayana May 18th 17 01:18 PM

A few more from Yosemite

"Savageduck" wrote in message
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvqfsozxu086j53/DSF4553-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/or7cq6um4psithj/DSF4573-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/byvhxa4iqicdw03/DSF4685-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/uonqwq86ierx5ug/DSF4758-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/448rl27c57zsiye/DSF4740-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3lpskk7dcay8ql/DSF4763.jpg

An interesting effect that I don't understand: The
images seem a bit hazy. (In Pale Moon [Firefox].) I then
downloaded E and viewed it in IrfanView. It's noticeably
sharper with deeper colors! I don't think I've ever
noticed such an effect before.

It must be nice to live within driving distance of
such jaw-dropping landscapes.

Technical note: I see the images but need to set
"No Style". I also wonder about the and . Maybe
some kind of software is inserting those? They serve
no purpose and make it harder to copy the link.

Savageduck[_3_] May 18th 17 03:09 PM

A few more from Yosemite

On 2017-05-18 10:17:49 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

On Thursday, 18 May 2017 05:00:28 UTC+1, Savageduck wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvqfsozxu086j53/DSF4553-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/or7cq6um4psithj/DSF4573-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/byvhxa4iqicdw03/DSF4685-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uonqwq86ierx5ug/DSF4758-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/448rl27c57zsiye/DSF4740-E.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3lpskk7dcay8ql/DSF4763.jpg

Savageduck

Does the -E have any meaning, obviously you've added it, I do the same with
temp images for upload I usually use a small s img_1234s for a small ve
rsion of img_1234 typically for easy webpage loading, it;s not realy meant
to mean anything to anyone eles, so was just curious.

E = Edit. Sometimes you might see E2, or E3. It is just my notation.

You'll be intrested to know (probably not actually) that the google imaging
team (one person) has just come to image our lab, like the do with google
street views.
Should be up somewhere in 3 weeks where I don't know as yet.

Well at least it's still photography of some sort.

Savageduck

Savageduck[_3_] May 18th 17 03:30 PM

A few more from Yosemite

On 2017-05-18 12:18:52 +0000, "Mayayana" said:

"Savageduck" wrote in message
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvqfsozxu086j53/DSF4553-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/or7cq6um4psithj/DSF4573-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/byvhxa4iqicdw03/DSF4685-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/uonqwq86ierx5ug/DSF4758-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/448rl27c57zsiye/DSF4740-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3lpskk7dcay8ql/DSF4763.jpg

An interesting effect that I don't understand: The
images seem a bit hazy. (In Pale Moon [Firefox].) I then
downloaded E and viewed it in IrfanView. It's noticeably
sharper with deeper colors! I don't think I've ever
noticed such an effect before.

I have know idea of what effect "Pale Moon" might have on your viewing
experience, as I am not using Firefox, but it is odd.

It must be nice to live within driving distance of
such jaw-dropping landscapes.

It is a 3 hour drive.

Technical note: I see the images but need to set
"No Style". I also wonder about the and . Maybe
some kind of software is inserting those? They serve
no purpose and make it harder to copy the link.

The "No Style" is a Fujifilm EXIF header group in the RAW (RAF) files,
which with the SOOC JPEGs will usually refer to Fujifilm film
simulations. Usually these will be listed as "Film Simulation",
"Monochrome", "Pict Style Color Space", "Picture Style"(exposure
setting), "Saturation" (Typically, Normal, 0,0), and "Sharpness"
(in-camera applied JPEG sharpness level).

The " & " are standard Usenet UTF-8 URL (link) delimiters and I use
them to prevent broken URL links. However, some nonconforming Usenet
clients will still break URLs even if the delimiters are used. I just
do what I can to prevent that.

Savageduck

Mayayana May 18th 17 03:44 PM

A few more from Yosemite

"Savageduck" wrote

| It must be nice to live within driving distance of
| such jaw-dropping landscapes.
|
| It is a 3 hour drive.

Very nice. The best I can do is to reach the Kancamagus
Highway in that time. Which is beautiful, but not on the
same scale.

| Technical note: I see the images but need to set
| "No Style". I also wonder about the and . Maybe
| some kind of software is inserting those? They serve
| no purpose and make it harder to copy the link.
|
| The "No Style" is a Fujifilm EXIF header group in the RAW (RAF) files,

I meant No Style in the browser. Dropbox is doing something
that hides the images from me, but if I go to View - Style
- No Style to drop out the CSS then I can see it. I just
mentioned that in case others have trouble.

| The " & " are standard Usenet UTF-8 URL (link) delimiters and I use
| them to prevent broken URL links. However, some nonconforming Usenet
| clients will still break URLs even if the delimiters are used. I just
| do what I can to prevent that.

Not a big deal. I just find it easier to click-select the line
to paste in a browser, while the brackets require a
more careful drag-select.

PAS[_2_] May 18th 17 03:46 PM

A few more from Yosemite

On 2017-05-18 12:18:52 +0000, "Mayayana" said:

"Savageduck" wrote in message
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvqfsozxu086j53/DSF4553-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/or7cq6um4psithj/DSF4573-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/byvhxa4iqicdw03/DSF4685-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/uonqwq86ierx5ug/DSF4758-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/448rl27c57zsiye/DSF4740-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3lpskk7dcay8ql/DSF4763.jpg

An interesting effect that I don't understand: The
images seem a bit hazy. (In Pale Moon [Firefox].) I then
downloaded E and viewed it in IrfanView. It's noticeably
sharper with deeper colors! I don't think I've ever
noticed such an effect before.

I have know idea of what effect "Pale Moon" might have on your viewing
experience, as I am not using Firefox, but it is odd.

It must be nice to live within driving distance of
such jaw-dropping landscapes.

It is a 3 hour drive.

Hah, it can take me that long to travel the 55 miles to Manhattan :)

Savageduck[_3_] May 18th 17 03:51 PM

A few more from Yosemite

On 2017-05-18 12:18:52 +0000, "Mayayana" said:

"Savageduck" wrote in message
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/xvqfsozxu086j53/DSF4553-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/or7cq6um4psithj/DSF4573-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/byvhxa4iqicdw03/DSF4685-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/uonqwq86ierx5ug/DSF4758-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/448rl27c57zsiye/DSF4740-E.jpg
| https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3lpskk7dcay8ql/DSF4763.jpg

An interesting effect that I don't understand: The
images seem a bit hazy. (In Pale Moon [Firefox].) I then
downloaded E and viewed it in IrfanView. It's noticeably
sharper with deeper colors! I don't think I've ever
noticed such an effect before.

I have know idea of what effect "Pale Moon" might have on your viewing
experience, as I am not using Firefox, but it is odd.

It must be nice to live within driving distance of
such jaw-dropping landscapes.

It is a 3 hour drive.

Hah, it can take me that long to travel the 55 miles to Manhattan :)

From my place out at Lake Nacimiento, West of Paso Robles it is about
180 miles to the Southern Yosemite NP gate.

Savageduck

Savageduck[_3_] May 18th 17 04:40 PM

A few more from Yosemite

On 2017-05-18 14:44:30 +0000, "Mayayana" said:

"Savageduck" wrote

| It must be nice to live within driving distance of
| such jaw-dropping landscapes.
|
| It is a 3 hour drive.

Very nice. The best I can do is to reach the Kancamagus
Highway in that time. Which is beautiful, but not on the
same scale.

| Technical note: I see the images but need to set
| "No Style". I also wonder about the and . Maybe
| some kind of software is inserting those? They serve
| no purpose and make it harder to copy the link.
|
| The "No Style" is a Fujifilm EXIF header group in the RAW (RAF) files,

I meant No Style in the browser. Dropbox is doing something
that hides the images from me, but if I go to View - Style
- No Style to drop out the CSS then I can see it. I just
mentioned that in case others have trouble.

When you say "browser", are you refering to Firefox, or Outlook Express?
....and what do you mean by "hides the images from me"?
If they are hidden, how are you able to view them?

Dropbox shouldn't be doing anything with regard to EXIF changes.

| The " & " are standard Usenet UTF-8 URL (link) delimiters and I use
| them to prevent broken URL links. However, some nonconforming Usenet
| clients will still break URLs even if the delimiters are used. I just
| do what I can to prevent that.

Not a big deal. I just find it easier to click-select the line
to paste in a browser, while the brackets require a
more careful drag-select.

I see that you use MS Outlook Express, I suspect since it is not a
particularly good Usenet client that it is not conforming when it comes
to dealing with the " " delimiters. What you should be seeing is a
clickable URL/link contained within those delimiters. However,
admitedly for those who have to use your method, some care must be
employed when making the selection.

Savageduck

nospam May 18th 17 04:49 PM

A few more from Yosemite

In article , Mayayana
wrote:

| Technical note: I see the images but need to set
| "No Style". I also wonder about the and . Maybe
| some kind of software is inserting those? They serve
| no purpose and make it harder to copy the link.
|
| The "No Style" is a Fujifilm EXIF header group in the RAW (RAF) files,

I meant No Style in the browser. Dropbox is doing something
that hides the images from me, but if I go to View - Style
- No Style to drop out the CSS then I can see it. I just
mentioned that in case others have trouble.

no need to drop out css.

however, if cookies are blocked (and you've said you do that), then
dropox will display a signup popup, which can easily be dismissed.

| The " & " are standard Usenet UTF-8 URL (link) delimiters and I use
| them to prevent broken URL links. However, some nonconforming Usenet
| clients will still break URLs even if the delimiters are used. I just
| do what I can to prevent that.

Not a big deal. I just find it easier to click-select the line
to paste in a browser, while the brackets require a
more careful drag-select.

no need to copy/paste. the link should be directly clickable. if not,
get a better newsreader.