PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Food mode - how does the camera know? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=133145)

John Robertson May 6th 21 09:52 PM

Food mode - how does the camera know?

More often than not my Samsung smartphone camera tells me to switch to "Food
Mode" when I focus on something like a bowl of fruit.

How does it know?

Savageduck[_3_] May 6th 21 10:15 PM

Food mode - how does the camera know?

On May 6, 2021, John Robertson wrote
(in article ):

More often than not my Samsung smartphone camera tells me to switch to "Food
Mode" when I focus on something like a bowl of fruit.

How does it know?

When aimed downwards the camera conducts a sniff test. ;-)

Savageduck

nospam May 6th 21 10:50 PM

Food mode - how does the camera know?

In article , John Robertson
wrote:

More often than not my Samsung smartphone camera tells me to switch to "Food
Mode" when I focus on something like a bowl of fruit.

How does it know?

scene recognition.

it analyzes the image and can detect faces, animals, food, trees, sky,
water, vehicles, etc.

nospam May 6th 21 10:50 PM

Food mode - how does the camera know?

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

More often than not my Samsung smartphone camera tells me to switch to "Food
Mode" when I focus on something like a bowl of fruit.

How does it know?

When aimed downwards the camera conducts a sniff test. ;-)

what happens if it's durian? :)

Savageduck[_3_] May 6th 21 10:55 PM

Food mode - how does the camera know?

On May 6, 2021, nospam wrote
(in ) :

In iganews.com,
Savageduck wrote:

More often than not my Samsung smartphone camera tells me to switch to "Food
Mode" when I focus on something like a bowl of fruit.

How does it know?

When aimed downwards the camera conducts a sniff test. ;-)

what happens if it's durian? :)

Then it goes into puke mode.

Savageduck

geoff May 9th 21 11:30 PM

On 7/05/2021 8:52 am, John Robertson wrote:
More often than not my Samsung smartphone camera tells me to switch to
"Food Mode" when I focus on something like a bowl of fruit.

How does it know?

Olefactory sensor.

geoff

geoff May 9th 21 11:32 PM

Food mode - how does the camera know?

On 7/05/2021 8:52 am, John Robertson wrote:
More often than not my Samsung smartphone camera tells me to switch to
"Food Mode" when I focus on something like a bowl of fruit.

How does it know?

One day I drop my guts when aiming up a photo and the camera went into
'bouquet of flowers' mode (_)*(_)

geoff