PhotoBanter.com

-   -   [OT] Aussie "government" info-mercial (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131650)

Alan Browne[_2_] July 14th 18 02:40 PM

[OT] Aussie "government" info-mercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuQZ...ature=youtu.be

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."
- unknown protester

Bill W July 14th 18 06:23 PM

[OT] Aussie "government" info-mercial

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018 09:40:38 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuQZ...ature=youtu.be

More politics? Really?

Alan Browne[_2_] July 14th 18 06:41 PM

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuQZ...ature=youtu.be

More politics? Really?

A clinic near you can correct your humour impairment.

Bill W July 14th 18 09:32 PM

[OT] Aussie "government" info-mercial

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuQZ...ature=youtu.be

More politics? Really?

A clinic near you can correct your humour impairment.

It wasn't humor, it was just another political screed in video form.

Alan Browne[_2_] July 14th 18 10:00 PM

wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuQZ...ature=youtu.be

More politics? Really?

A clinic near you can correct your humour impairment.

It wasn't humor, it was just another political screed in video form.

Hilarious too. Unless you disagree. Then it's painful, huh?

Anyway, sorry your twisting underwear collapsed a nut and next time you
see me put [OT] in front of a post, just move along and protect yourself
from ... yourself.

Alan Browne[_2_] July 15th 18 02:14 PM

On 2018-07-15 06:15, RichA wrote:
On Saturday, 14 July 2018 09:40:47 UTC-4, Alan Browne wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuQZ...ature=youtu.be

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."
- unknown protester

I wish all those f----- hypocrites decrying energy exploration and exploitation tried to LIVE without it for a month. Just like the creep politicians in New York who don't want fracking but see NOTHING wrong with using the products of fracking from other states. Scumbags.

Whoosh. The intent of the companies there is to frack for _export_ to
make profit that does not, at all, benefit the Australian people - the
nominal owners of the resource. (Taxes on this are paltry).

Meanwhile in the east, the cost of gas is very high because exports (for
high profit) mean there is little for domestic use.

The jobs that come with these ventures are not all that great
considering where the real money goes...

Not to mention of course that in water critical Australia fracking is
water intensive and known to pollute aquifers.

Classic that you don't get informed before posting.

Eric Stevens July 16th 18 09:18 AM

[OT] Aussie "government" info-mercial

On Sun, 15 Jul 2018 09:14:33 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

On 2018-07-15 06:15, RichA wrote:
[...]

Only if the aquifers are at the same depth as the target oil and gas
beds.

Classic that you don't get informed before posting.

Hmm.

Eric Stevens

Davoud July 16th 18 09:17 PM

[OT] Aussie "government" info-mercial

Alan Browne:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuQZ...ature=youtu.be

Hilarious! Thanks!

I'm so glad that my state, Maryland, has outlawed fracking after seeing
the disaster it has brought to parts of Pennsylvania. I thought that
the flammable gas coming out of faucets was some sort of trick until I
witnessed it myself in Fayette County, Pa.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm

Eric Stevens July 17th 18 05:34 AM

[OT] Aussie "government" info-mercial

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018 16:17:31 -0400, Davoud wrote:

Alan Browne:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuQZ...ature=youtu.be

Hilarious! Thanks!

I'm so glad that my state, Maryland, has outlawed fracking after seeing
the disaster it has brought to parts of Pennsylvania. I thought that
the flammable gas coming out of faucets was some sort of trick until I
witnessed it myself in Fayette County, Pa.

Did you ask when they first started doing that?

As far as I know there are reports of it going back into the 1920s.
That is, long before fracking was thought of.

There are reasons why the first substantial oil fields were so easily
discovered in Pennsylvania: the oil and gas fields are so near to the
surface.

Eric Stevens

Davoud July 17th 18 06:51 AM

[OT] Aussie "government" info-mercial

Alan Browne:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuQZ...ature=youtu.be

Davoud:
Hilarious! Thanks!

I'm so glad that my state, Maryland, has outlawed fracking after seeing
the disaster it has brought to parts of Pennsylvania. I thought that
the flammable gas coming out of faucets was some sort of trick until I
witnessed it myself in Fayette County, Pa.

Eric Stevens:
Did you ask when they first started doing that?

As far as I know there are reports of it going back into the 1920s.
That is, long before fracking was thought of.

There are reasons why the first substantial oil fields were so easily
discovered in Pennsylvania: the oil and gas fields are so near to the
surface.

I can only say this: I was born in Fayette Co., SW Pennsylvania, in
1944. I lived there until I was 18, and I still visit periodically. It
was and is a largely rural area with lots of farms, many of which had
conventional gas wells. And, of course there were underground coal
mines by the hundreds. I spent a lot of time on the farms, both working
and just visiting. Never in that 18 years did I hear of such a thing as
anyone igniting gas from their home water faucet. Not saying it wasn't
happening someplace, but no place I knew. When I first saw it 10 years
or more ago it was on a farm I have known all of my life, still in the
same family. There had been conventional gas wells on the farm. Only
when fracking came, however, did the "flammable water" arrive. And the
earth tremors. And that's what I know; anecdotal evidence is that the
phenomenon began with fracking, but I cannot confirm that.