PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   MACO IR film (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=71)

piterengel January 31st 04 09:47 PM

MACO IR film

Hi, I would like to use MACO IR 820C film. I've red a lot about this
film, now I need to hear something form who tried it. In particular:

- kind of develop: D76, Xtol, what else?

- kind of fixing bath: on www.mahn.net, the web site of Maco's
producer, they suggest a high energy rapid fixer based on X-Ray
technology. What formulation is this?

Many thanks to all

ziocalepino

Gary Beasley January 31st 04 09:59 PM

MACO IR film

On 31 Jan 2004 13:47:28 -0800, (piterengel)
wrote:

Hi, I would like to use MACO IR 820C film. I've red a lot about this
film, now I need to hear something form who tried it. In particular:

- kind of develop: D76, Xtol, what else?

- kind of fixing bath: on
www.mahn.net, the web site of Maco's
producer, they suggest a high energy rapid fixer based on X-Ray
technology. What formulation is this?

Many thanks to all

ziocalepino

Look here, and possibly join the mailing list:
http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mainpage.htm

Ralf R. Radermacher January 31st 04 10:11 PM

MACO IR film

piterengel wrote:

Hi, I would like to use MACO IR 820C film. I've red a lot about this
film, now I need to hear something form who tried it. In particular:

- kind of develop: D76, Xtol, what else?

- kind of fixing bath: on www.mahn.net, the web site of Maco's
producer, they suggest a high energy rapid fixer based on X-Ray
technology. What formulation is this?

Here's an example I've processed with Xtol and ordinary Ilford fixer:

http://www.fotocommunity.de/pc/pc/my...isplay/1039503

Since this combination appears to be working nicely and I'm using it
for everything else, anyway, I haven't tried any alternatives.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de

Silvio Bacchetta February 4th 04 09:08 PM

MACO IR film

piterengel ha scritto:
Hi, I would like to use MACO IR 820C film. I've red a lot about this
film, now I need to hear something form who tried it. In particular:

- kind of develop: D76, Xtol, what else?

I haven't (yet) tried this film, but I have experience with many other
Maco films, like UP 64, PO 100 and Cube 400. Usually, Maco claims their
LP supergrain as suitable. It is highly compensating developer, that can
process nearly every nominally exposed film in five minutes.

--
Registered user at http://counter.li.org # 170453
Jabber JID: