PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Canon D10 (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=25616)

Ron January 18th 05 03:48 PM

Canon D10

Hello anyone,
Im a proud owner of a canon 10D and when im taking pictures the format
is 3:4. Im using a sony f828 too and with this camera its posible too
to take pictures in a format of 2:3 what is very easy when you want to
print the pistures in a format of 10cm to 15cm. My question is if it
is possible to make pixtures in the format 2:3 with a canon 10D? I
hope someone have the right answer for me. Thanks anyway.
Ron

Dan Campbell January 18th 05 03:58 PM

Ron wrote:
Hello anyone,
Im a proud owner of a canon 10D and when im taking pictures the format
is 3:4. Im using a sony f828 too and with this camera its posible too
to take pictures in a format of 2:3 what is very easy when you want to
print the pistures in a format of 10cm to 15cm. My question is if it
is possible to make pixtures in the format 2:3 with a canon 10D? I
hope someone have the right answer for me. Thanks anyway.
Ron

Canon 10D produces photos with dimensions of 2048x3072 pixels, which, if
I calculate correctly, is 2:3.

[email protected] January 18th 05 05:26 PM

the 10D only produces images in 3:2 format.

[email protected] January 18th 05 05:42 PM

On 18 Jan 2005 07:48:44 -0800, (Ron) wrote:

My question is if it is possible to make pixtures in the format 2:3
with a canon 10D?

Turn the camera 90 degrees clockwise or counterclockwise from normal
to shoot in 2:3 mode. Hold the camera normally or upside down to
shoot in 3:2 mode.

[email protected] January 24th 05 05:42 AM

Kibo informs me that (Ron) stated that:

Hello anyone,
Im a proud owner of a canon 10D and when im taking pictures the format
is 3:4.

No, its not. It's 3:2.

Skip M January 24th 05 12:49 PM

"Ron" wrote in message
om...
Hello anyone,
Im a proud owner of a canon 10D and when im taking pictures the format
is 3:4. Im using a sony f828 too and with this camera its posible too
to take pictures in a format of 2:3 what is very easy when you want to
print the pistures in a format of 10cm to 15cm. My question is if it
is possible to make pixtures in the format 2:3 with a canon 10D? I
hope someone have the right answer for me. Thanks anyway.
Ron

Your 10D only produces images at a 2:3 ratio, as in 8x12 inches, or 20.32cm
x 30.48cm. Eight divided by four equals 2, twelve divided by 4 equals 3...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com