PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Alternayive to "Thumber" with batch processing ? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=50797)

[email protected] October 27th 05 01:39 PM

Alternayive to "Thumber" with batch processing ?

I have been using "Thumber" the last 4-5 years for generating thumbnail
web-pages ... but miss the ability to do batch processing e.g. from the
command line (e.g. during the night when I do no use the PC).

Any good software for this ? (Does not have to be free or cheap !)

I need it to have some of Thumber's capabilities:
- Link to original and resized version of photo
- User-specified thumbnail size, row and column number
- Able to print file-name, date and time below photo

Best regards and thanks
Finn, Denmark

Lorem Ipsum October 27th 05 04:48 PM

Alternayive to "Thumber" with batch processing ?

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have been using "Thumber" the last 4-5 years for generating thumbnail
web-pages ... but miss the ability to do batch processing e.g. from the
command line (e.g. during the night when I do no use the PC).

Any good software for this ? (Does not have to be free or cheap !)

Photoshop CS 'droplets' can be executed from the command-line with arguments
(which files to process), therefore it can be put into the WindoZe scheduler
to run at any time. This is not documented. If somone needs more info,
write back here.

Pete October 27th 05 11:02 PM

On 27 Oct 2005 05:39:39 -0700, wrote:

I have been using "Thumber" the last 4-5 years for generating thumbnail
web-pages ... but miss the ability to do batch processing e.g. from the
command line (e.g. during the night when I do no use the PC).

Any good software for this ? (Does not have to be free or cheap !)

I need it to have some of Thumber's capabilities:
- Link to original and resized version of photo
- User-specified thumbnail size, row and column number
- Able to print file-name, date and time below photo

Best regards and thanks
Finn, Denmark

JpegSizer is an image resizing utility that includes a web gallery builder
and uploader. It generates thumbnail pages with links to "full size" image
pages, complete with text and navigation buttons.

Free trial download he

http://www.tangotools.com/jpegsizer/?s=rpd

HTH

Pete