PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Pentax screw mount adapters (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=58123)

Terry March 2nd 06 12:01 PM

Pentax screw mount adapters

A friend of mine has several old screw mount Pentax lenses. He wants to get
a digital SLR. Does Pentax make an adapter so that he could use these
lenses with a current model?

--
Terry
Remove the rodent from my email address to reply directly.

Martin Brown March 2nd 06 12:10 PM

Terry wrote:

A friend of mine has several old screw mount Pentax lenses. He wants to get
a digital SLR. Does Pentax make an adapter so that he could use these
lenses with a current model?

Yes. The only thing to watch out for is a few old M42 fit lenses have a
longer than normal threaded part that sticks too far back into the
camera. You buy an M42 internally threaded PK bayonet fitting ring.

I have an old (very long focal length telephotos 1000mm) in that fitting
and it works very nicely on the istDS.

Obviously you don't get auto focus or indeed auto anything on such old
lenses but they are perfectly usable on the latest camera (subject to
physical interference problems with the SLR mirror hitting those that
stick out too far). Someone must have measured the safe limit but
offhand I don't know what it is.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Bob Salomon March 2nd 06 07:51 PM

Pentax screw mount adapters

In article ,
"Terry" wrote:

A friend of mine has several old screw mount Pentax lenses. He wants to get
a digital SLR. Does Pentax make an adapter so that he could use these
lenses with a current model?

Try these:

http://www.novoflex.com/english/html/products.htm

--