PhotoBanter.com

-   General Equipment For Sale (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Urgent: I need a Door or Cover for the battery/cf card for my DCS 760 (DCS 6XX or 7XX will do fine) (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=85748)

[email protected] September 4th 07 01:29 PM

Urgent: I need a Door or Cover for the battery/cf card for my DCS 760 (DCS 6XX or 7XX will do fine)

Hi Everyone
I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
I'd love the chance to buy it.
Thanks very much
Javier

PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

SMS September 4th 07 10:44 PM

wrote:
Hi Everyone
I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
I'd love the chance to buy it.
Thanks very much
Javier

PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

For the DCS-760 you're probably going to have to go back to Kodak.

At least the battery door is more cosmetic than functional. On a lot of
the cheaper cameras the door is part of the battery circuit, and when it
breaks you have to either duct-tape it or get it replaced on order for
the camera to work at all.

SMS September 4th 07 11:20 PM

wrote:
Hi Everyone
I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
I'd love the chance to buy it.
Thanks very much
Javier

PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

You might be able to fabricate a replacement from metal.

Look at what they did at
"http://nikon-repair.stonepics.com/nikon_battery_door_repair.htm" though
it renders the tripod unusable.

[email protected] September 5th 07 06:20 PM

On Sep 4, 6:20 pm, SMS wrote:
wrote:
Hi Everyone
I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
I'd love the chance to buy it.
Thanks very much
Javier

PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

You might be able to fabricate a replacement from metal.

Look at what they did at
"http://nikon-repair.stonepics.com/nikon_battery_door_repair.htm" though
it renders the tripod unusable.

Thanks for the link.
Unfortunately the door on this one is a cup-like thing that could only
be moulded.
I am thinking of doing something with epoxy but I'm not sure yet.It
would be a heck
of a lot of work.

Frank Arthur September 5th 07 07:41 PM

Urgent: I need a Door or Cover for the battery/cf card for my DCS 760 (DCS 6XX or 7XX will do fine)

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Sep 4, 6:20 pm, SMS wrote:
wrote:
Hi Everyone
I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
I'd love the chance to buy it.
Thanks very much
Javier

PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

You might be able to fabricate a replacement from metal.

Look at what they did at
"http://nikon-repair.stonepics.com/nikon_battery_door_repair.htm"
though
it renders the tripod unusable.

Thanks for the link.
Unfortunately the door on this one is a cup-like thing that could
only
be moulded.
I am thinking of doing something with epoxy but I'm not sure yet.It
would be a heck
of a lot of work.

Whew! It might be a "lot of work" to contact Kodak's Repair Parts
Dept. eh?

[email protected] September 6th 07 08:39 AM

Urgent: I need a Door or Cover for the battery/cf card for my DCS 760 (DCS 6XX or 7XX will do fine)

On Sep 5, 2:41 pm, "Frank Arthur" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On Sep 4, 6:20 pm, SMS wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Dept. eh?- Hide quoted text -

Already did that way before posting here.

sheepdog 2007 September 15th 07 06:24 AM

On 2007-09-04 05:29:51 -0700, said:

Hi Everyone
I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
I'd love the chance to buy it.
Thanks very much
Javier

PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

Right now there's a 620 up for auction, looks pretty good but no
battery and offered as-is.

item=330165652696
--
Cease then to grieve for your private afflictions, and address
yourselves instead to the safety of the republic

sheepdog 2007 September 15th 07 06:32 AM

On 2007-09-04 05:29:51 -0700, said:

Hi Everyone
I'm looking for the battery door/cover for my DCS 760.
Boy is she ugly without it! If anybody has one to sell
I'd love the chance to buy it.
Thanks very much
Javier

PS: If you have a parts camera I might also be interested.

Right now there's a 620 up for auction, looks pretty good but no
battery and offered as-is.

item=330165652696

WHOOPS! I pruned a long URL too drastically; that's an eBay
www.ebay.com item number. Auction ends sept. 20.