PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   filter ring wrenches? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=97737)

G April 24th 08 12:29 AM

filter ring wrenches?

Why would you not take the camera to a camera repair depot. Camera store
employees know dink.
There is a special wrench for removing stuck filters which a camera repair
depot would have. Most professional Photographers carry them. You can buy
one online, but for one off use IMO its not worth the expense.With some
lenses you have to be careful because the front part of the lens is
sometimes glued on and using a jam jar or strap wrench might damage the
lens.

"d.s." wrote in message
I've got a rotating polarizer filter stuck to my uv filter on my
camera. I don't remember over-tightening it, but it's been on there
for 1.5 years with no removal.

I can't get it unstuck, and neither could the guys at the camera store
(who were only using their hands).

Is there some sort of wrench that will grip this? Filter size is
67mm.

I thought of tossing the thing in the freezer, but worried that I
would end up drawing moisture into the Polarizer.

Wolfgang Weisselberg April 24th 08 11:04 AM

filter ring wrenches?

G wrote:
Why would you not take the camera to a camera repair depot. Camera store
employees know dink.

All of them!

There is a special wrench for removing stuck filters which a camera repair
depot would have. Most professional Photographers carry them.

Definition of a "professional Photographer": carries a
special wrench?

Or could you name a reputable source that supports your claim?

[fullquoting removed.
Please don't do that, English is read from top to bottom, not in
"Jeopardy"-Style.]

-Wolfgang