PhotoBanter.com

-   35mm Photo Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Steeples - Cooper's Comments (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=125278)

Tim Conway[_2_] February 13th 13 05:23 PM

Steeples - Cooper's Comments

Tim Conway's views are all almost ruined by distracting elements
of the wires and the television antenna.

You're right. I'm photoshopless at the moment or I would've attempted to
clone a lot of that stuff out.

As always, thanks everyone for your comments - you're appreciated.

Savageduck[_3_] February 13th 13 06:05 PM

Steeples - Cooper's Comments

On 2013-02-13 09:23:57 -0800, "Tim Conway" said:

Tim Conway's views are all almost ruined by distracting elements
of the wires and the television antenna.

You're right. I'm photoshopless at the moment or I would've attempted to
clone a lot of that stuff out.

As always, thanks everyone for your comments - you're appreciated.

Well here is a quick fix. ;-)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Tim-QF-1.jpg

Savageduck

Tim Conway[_2_] February 13th 13 07:12 PM

Steeples - Cooper's Comments

--

Yep. Looks good. That's what I would've attempted had I had photoshop.

Rob February 14th 13 01:47 AM

Steeples - Cooper's Comments

On 2013-02-13 09:23:57 -0800, "Tim Conway" said:

Tim Conway's views are all almost ruined by distracting elements
of the wires and the television antenna.

You're right. I'm photoshopless at the moment or I would've attempted to
clone a lot of that stuff out.

As always, thanks everyone for your comments - you're appreciated.

Well here is a quick fix. ;-)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Tim-QF-1.jpg

You could have selected the sky and rendered clouds.

Savageduck[_3_] February 14th 13 05:34 AM

Steeples - Cooper's Comments

On 2013-02-13 09:23:57 -0800, "Tim Conway" said:

Tim Conway's views are all almost ruined by distracting elements
of the wires and the television antenna.

You're right. I'm photoshopless at the moment or I would've attempted to
clone a lot of that stuff out.

As always, thanks everyone for your comments - you're appreciated.

Well here is a quick fix. ;-)
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Tim-QF-1.jpg

You could have selected the sky and rendered clouds.

Naah! It was just a quick fix to get rid of the utility lines.

....but since you wanted sky + clouds, the quick fix is to add a
background sky layer beneath the layer with the building. Add a layer
mask to the building layer, and just paint in the new sky with black on
the layer mask. Much quicker and easier than making a selection. So
utility lines gone and new sky painted in.
....and here is that quick fix sky, not perfect, but good enough for
this exercise.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Tim-QF-2.jpg

Savageduck

Eric Stevens February 14th 13 07:48 AM

Steeples - Cooper's Comments

On 2013-02-13 09:23:57 -0800, "Tim Conway" said:

[...]

Nope. I can see the masking. :-(

Eric Stevens

Tim Conway[_2_] February 14th 13 08:23 AM

Steeples - Cooper's Comments

On 2013-02-13 09:23:57 -0800, "Tim Conway"
said:

[...]

Nice. I wish I had my photoshop back - I'm using a loaner computer that has
such few RAM it is impossible at the moment, but I hope to have it again
before long.
Thanks for playing with this and your comments.
Tim

Savageduck[_3_] February 14th 13 08:25 AM

Steeples - Cooper's Comments

On 2013-02-13 09:23:57 -0800, "Tim Conway" said:

[...]

What do you mean nope?
Where did I say that was perfect?
It was just a down & dirty sloppy job. If I was serious I would
probably have taken much more care. I had no reason to.

Savageduck

Savageduck[_3_] February 14th 13 08:32 AM

Steeples - Cooper's Comments

On 2013-02-13 09:23:57 -0800, "Tim Conway"
said:

[...]

I hope you get your digital darkroom back together soon. It is just fun
to play with the tools we have available now. Thanks for that
opportunity.

Savageduck

Eric Stevens February 14th 13 09:16 AM

Steeples - Cooper's Comments

On 2013-02-13 09:23:57 -0800, "Tim Conway" said:

[...]

Maybe I misunderstood you. When you wrote "good enough for the
exercise" I thought you meant [SI] but now I see that you meant
something slightly different. I agrre, it was good enough to
illustrate the point.

Eric Stevens