PhotoBanter.com

-   Other Photographic Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Canon IXUS Power Problem (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=3638)

Chris Shearman October 13th 03 05:24 PM

Canon IXUS Power Problem

Hi

I have a Canon IXUS camera (a normal APS one, not digital). It is a few
years old now, and has worked fine until recently when the power seems
to be uncontrollable. The camera is now unusable as it is mostly
impossible to turn it on, and then mostly impossible to turn it off
again. It is also unable to recognise a new film being inserted
(although I suspect this is a problem caused indirectly by the power
problem).

Canon tell me they will charge me 70GBP to take a look at it (fixed
price). But I'm wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem and
if there is an easy (and cheaper) way of resolving it.

I have tried replacing the battery with a brand new one and it has made
no difference.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions
Chris Shearman