PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Decided to go for the D2H (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=65502)

DD June 22nd 06 12:36 PM

Decided to go for the D2H

With a bit of luck I'll get it by Saturday.

Was too much of a good deal to pass up @ $800 including a 28-85mm lens &
MC-30 control.

Can't wait to get busy with it!

--
Now with uploadable photo critique section in the forum
http://www.nikongear.com/

[email protected] June 22nd 06 05:44 PM

Decided to go for the D2H

DD wrote:
With a bit of luck I'll get it by Saturday.

Was too much of a good deal to pass up @ $800 including a 28-85mm lens &
MC-30 control.

Can't wait to get busy with it!

4.1 megapixels is not a lot. If you accept 5 lpm as critical
resolution, 4.1 mp will give a photo of about 7x9 inches, nothing near
the 12x8 than you mentioned earlier. I would try to get a 1 week trial
with 100% or maybe 90% reimbursement if possible. Try it out first
before committing if possible. Good luck.

Tien

DD June 23rd 06 06:57 AM

Decided to go for the D2H

In article .com,
says...

DD wrote:
With a bit of luck I'll get it by Saturday.

Was too much of a good deal to pass up @ $800 including a 28-85mm lens &
MC-30 control.

Can't wait to get busy with it!

4.1 megapixels is not a lot. If you accept 5 lpm as critical
resolution, 4.1 mp will give a photo of about 7x9 inches, nothing near
the 12x8 than you mentioned earlier. I would try to get a 1 week trial
with 100% or maybe 90% reimbursement if possible. Try it out first
before committing if possible. Good luck.

I was making very acceptable 12x8 prints with a Canon D30 back in 2001,
so I feel pretty sure that the D2H will suffice for my needs. Unlike
some photographers, I don't examine my pictures with a magnifying glass.

But point taken.

george June 26th 06 10:14 AM

Decided to go for the D2H

"DD" wrote in message
In article .com,
says...

DD wrote:
With a bit of luck I'll get it by Saturday.

Was too much of a good deal to pass up @ $800 including a 28-85mm lens
&
MC-30 control.

Can't wait to get busy with it!

--
Now with uploadable photo critique section in the forum
http://www.nikongear.com/

Who did you purchase it from? Just curious.

It's a local SA'n, but he's giving me the run around like you wouldn't
believe. IF I ever get to see this camera it will be a miracle.

--
Now with uploadable photo critique section in the forum
http://www.nikongear.com/

Gee, and I thought you were doing HIM a big favor...hope it doesn't turn out
to be gray market too.

Tien June 27th 06 01:40 PM

Decided to go for the D2H

DD wrote:
As of this morning he's withdrawn from the sale after stuffing me around
for over a week. Great stuff. And I sold my F100 to get the cash for it.

Sorry to hear about your troubles. The seller probably reads this NG
as well and saw your enthousiasm. Now he is looking for a better deal
obviously. Anyway, things like this have a way of working themselves
out for the better.

Tien