PhotoBanter.com

-   Medium Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   ROLLEIFLEX 2.8E TLR (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=104020)

Peter Chant[_2_] January 30th 09 10:26 PM

ROLLEIFLEX 2.8E TLR

Peter Irwin wrote:

In my experience, the biggest weakness with the Lubitel and Sputnik
is the internal reflections. Flock paper can make a big difference.
If you use flock paper on the inside of the camera and stop
down to at least f/11, you may find that you can get 8x10 enlargements
that can be confused with those from a good camera.

Well, I'm not too familiar with fungus, but it looked like someone had
gouged out a few nice grooves on one of the lens elements with a
scredriver. I did take an element out to try and clean it, it was so bad
there was nothing to loose. That and the fact that it could only focus in
the centre or at the edges (hope that was not related) really made it a
door stop at best for me.

Before anyone mentions professional service how much do you spend on a £15
camera for a service...

--
http://www.petezilla.co.uk