PhotoBanter.com

-   -   I feel the need... (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131482)

me[_5_] May 13th 18 02:00 AM

I feel the need...

.... the need for speed. Downhill between the roller-coaster and the
hog pen on the backside of VIR during the Pirelli World Cup.

http://whfoto.net/D5C_9736_2.jpg

PeterN[_7_] May 13th 18 04:53 AM

I feel the need...

On 5/12/2018 9:00 PM, me wrote:
... the need for speed. Downhill between the roller-coaster and the
hog pen on the backside of VIR during the Pirelli World Cup.

http://whfoto.net/D5C_9736_2.jpg

Thanks for actually making a post related to photography.

I like the concept and the way you handled it. I think it would have
been a stronger image if you left some more room in front.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4tgudbp7irhi3u/D5C_9736_2.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN

Savageduck[_3_] May 13th 18 05:40 AM

I feel the need...

On May 12, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 5/12/2018 9:00 PM, me wrote:
... the need for speed. Downhill between the roller-coaster and the
hog pen on the backside of VIR during the Pirelli World Cup.

http://whfoto.net/D5C_9736_2.jpg

Thanks for actually making a post related to photography.

I like the concept and the way you handled it. I think it would have
been a stronger image if you left some more room in front.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4tgudbp7irhi3u/D5C_9736_2.jpg?dl=0

Nice that he was able to make the capture, but I would have preferred a left
to right pan with focus on the car, and the background showing the motion
blur. Just adding another opinion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdsoz9gu493nbmp/DNC5067Aw.jpg

Savageduck

me[_5_] May 13th 18 02:34 PM

I feel the need...

Trying something different for a change from the standard panning
shot. Straight crop from DxO, more BG doesn't work for me without
working on it outside of the raw editor when I have some time. Lots
of panning shots, here is the same car:

http://whfoto.net/Fotostream/2018_2/...9/D5C_9743.jpg

Stark east vs west (Laguna Seca?) coast contrasting off track
environment.

On Sat, 12 May 2018 21:40:16 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On May 12, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

Savageduck[_3_] May 13th 18 03:05 PM

I feel the need...

On May 13, 2018, me wrote
(in ):

Trying something different for a change from the standard panning
shot.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of creative experimentation from time to
time, ultimately your individual choices, along with results which work only
have to satisfy you.

Straight crop from DxO, more BG doesn't work for me without
working on it outside of the raw editor when I have some time. Lots
of panning shots, here is the same car:

http://whfoto.net/Fotostream/2018_2/...9/D5C_9743.jpg

My only beef with that shot is the tight crop on the right, no room to move.
Otherwise, very nice.

Stark east vs west (Laguna Seca?) coast contrasting off track
environment.

Yup! That was Laguna Seca, Motorsport Reunion 2010.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9twwpypti94rdo/427ACAE2w2.jpg

....and the dive into the Corkscrew.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bufa5nxyiraick4/DNC4944Aw.jpg

On Sat, 12 May 2018 21:40:16 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On May 12, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

PeterN[_7_] May 13th 18 06:22 PM

I feel the need...

On 5/13/2018 12:40 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 12, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 5/12/2018 9:00 PM, me wrote:
... the need for speed. Downhill between the roller-coaster and the
hog pen on the backside of VIR during the Pirelli World Cup.

http://whfoto.net/D5C_9736_2.jpg

Thanks for actually making a post related to photography.

I like the concept and the way you handled it. I think it would have
been a stronger image if you left some more room in front.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4tgudbp7irhi3u/D5C_9736_2.jpg?dl=0

Nice that he was able to make the capture, but I would have preferred a left
to right pan with focus on the car, and the background showing the motion
blur. Just adding another opinion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdsoz9gu493nbmp/DNC5067Aw.jpg

Looks more like a right to left pan to me.

--
PeterN

me[_5_] May 13th 18 06:28 PM

I feel the need...

On Sun, 13 May 2018 07:05:48 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On May 13, 2018, me wrote
(in ):

Trying something different for a change from the standard panning
shot.

There is nothing wrong with a bit of creative experimentation from time to
time, ultimately your individual choices, along with results which work only
have to satisfy you.

To be honest, I tend to somewhat agree about having more space around
a car. That said, I find it gets boring taking such shots, so this
weekend I tried pushing myself to closely frame the cars and push my
technique. Also I was without my 200-400 f/4 as it was in for repair.
Used the combo of 1st gen 70-200 f/2.8 +tc-14 which is much easier to
pan given its much lighter heft. Even so many more shots tossed than
kept.

Savageduck[_3_] May 13th 18 07:02 PM

I feel the need...

On May 13, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 5/12/2018 9:00 PM, me wrote:
... the need for speed. Downhill between the roller-coaster and the
hog pen on the backside of VIR during the Pirelli World Cup.

http://whfoto.net/D5C_9736_2.jpg

Thanks for actually making a post related to photography.

I like the concept and the way you handled it. I think it would have
been a stronger image if you left some more room in front.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x4tgudbp7irhi3u/D5C_9736_2.jpg?dl=0

Nice that he was able to make the capture, but I would have preferred a left
to right pan with focus on the car, and the background showing the motion
blur. Just adding another opinion.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mdsoz9gu493nbmp/DNC5067Aw.jpg

Looks more like a right to left pan to me.

The wishful left to right pan was for the OP’s shot. My shot was a a right
to left pan. It is all dependant on where your shooting position is, and the
direction (clockwise, or counterclockwise) of the cars.

Savageduck