PhotoBanter.com

-   -   What are your thoughts on the Olympus E-510 (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=80241)

[email protected] April 28th 07 02:46 AM

What are your thoughts on the Olympus E-510

Hey everyone,

I'm have been putting off in getting a DSLR for a while. I was
wondering if it would be worth me spending my money on the Olympus
E-510. It seems to have some nice features and also live view.
Anyone know if the lens kit that it comes with is any good? Any one
have any suggestions?

Alfred Molon[_2_] April 28th 07 09:11 AM

What are your thoughts on the Olympus E-510

In article . com,
says...

I'm have been putting off in getting a DSLR for a while. I was
wondering if it would be worth me spending my money on the Olympus
E-510. It seems to have some nice features and also live view.
Anyone know if the lens kit that it comes with is any good? Any one
have any suggestions?

It has some great features, such as inbuilt IS and live preview.
Generally speaking, the Olympus kit lenses are better than the kit
lenses of other manufacturers. You obviously get better performance with
more expensive lenses, but the kit lenses are not bad. For instance, the
14-42 lens which comes with this kit:
http://tinyurl.com/2tnjnc

is ED.

To me it looks like a great camera, the only features I wish it had are
even more resolution (12 or more MP) and a swivelable LCD screen, which
is very useful when you shoot from unconventional positions.
--

Alfred Molon