PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Mat cutters: Altos vs Logan vs Fletcher ? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=70148)

Frank September 16th 06 07:49 AM

Mat cutters: Altos vs Logan vs Fletcher ?

I'm looking to buy a personal use mat cutter, and the following seem
to have what I need and be in the right price range.
Alto's 4505
Logan 450+
Fletcher MatMate 40"

They're all in the $150 range. Any comments on their relative merits?
(Or any others to consider?)
Frank

John September 16th 06 01:47 PM

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 02:49:02 -0400, Frank wrote:

I'm looking to buy a personal use mat cutter, and the following seem
to have what I need and be in the right price range.
Alto's 4505
Logan 450+
Fletcher MatMate 40"

They're all in the $150 range. Any comments on their relative merits?
(Or any others to consider?)
Frank

Fletcher. I'm surprised they offer something in that range. Their pro
grade cutters are the standard of the industry.

==
John S. Douglas
Photographer & Webmaster
Legacy-photo.com - Xs750.net

Greg \_\ September 16th 06 02:07 PM

Mat cutters: Altos vs Logan vs Fletcher ?

In article ,
Frank wrote:

I'm looking to buy a personal use mat cutter, and the following seem
to have what I need and be in the right price range.
Alto's 4505
Logan 450+
Fletcher MatMate 40"

They're all in the $150 range. Any comments on their relative merits?
(Or any others to consider?)
Frank

I would look at a cutter big enough to cut 30x40 inch sheets, then you
save money on board. I have a smaller Logan which will not accept this
size board and it becomes a hassle.
--
Reality-Is finding that perfect picture
and never looking back.

www.gregblankphoto.com

Frank September 16th 06 04:14 PM

Mat cutters: Altos vs Logan vs Fletcher ?

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:07:25 -0400, "Greg \"_\""

Frank wrote:

I'm looking to buy a personal use mat cutter, and the following seem
to have what I need and be in the right price range.
Alto's 4505
Logan 450+
Fletcher MatMate 40"

They're all in the $150 range. Any comments on their relative merits?
(Or any others to consider?)
Frank

I would look at a cutter big enough to cut 30x40 inch sheets, then you
save money on board. I have a smaller Logan which will not accept this
size board and it becomes a hassle.

All 3 of these will take a full sheet of mat board.

[email protected] September 17th 06 12:38 AM

Frank wrote:

I'm looking to buy a personal use mat cutter, and the following seem
to have what I need and be in the right price range.
Alto's 4505
Logan 450+
Fletcher MatMate 40"

They're all in the $150 range. Any comments on their relative merits?
(Or any others to consider?)
Frank

Consider the design of the cutter and over-all size. IIRC the
Altos has, in my mind, a more functional design. Also, due to it's
pass through capability ANY size sheet may be sized. You
may beat $100 shopping eBay. Dan