PhotoBanter.com

-   -   God, the SX120 is slow (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=112529)

Dudley Hanks[_4_] May 15th 10 05:55 PM

God, the SX120 is slow

I wanted a pocket cam to carry around when I'm too lazy to bring the XSi
(something a bit better than the A720, but with a bit better pics), so I
picked up a Canon SX120. It seems to take relatively good shots, but God is
it slow.

I'm not exactly a fast shooter, still, even I have to wait for that 6++
seconds recycling time while the flash powers up.

Also, I'm not all that impressed with the controls. It's going to take a
while to work out a way to use that silly thumb wheel.

But, it's a challenge...

Take Care,
Dudley

bugbear May 17th 10 09:17 AM

God, the SX120 is slow

Dudley Hanks wrote:

I'm not exactly a fast shooter, still, even I have to wait for that 6++
seconds recycling time while the flash powers up.

Smaller Canons all seem to have slow flashes.

Since I *HATE* flash, it's never bothered me.

BugBear

Dudley Hanks[_4_] May 17th 10 01:44 PM

God, the SX120 is slow

"bugbear" wrote in message
o.uk...
Dudley Hanks wrote:

I'm not exactly a fast shooter, still, even I have to wait for that 6++
seconds recycling time while the flash powers up.

Smaller Canons all seem to have slow flashes.

Since I *HATE* flash, it's never bothered me.

BugBear

Basically, the flash is useless with an ISO of less than 400. Of course,
that's where I'd want to use it.

On the bright side, for pics that won't get printed large, the ISO 3200 mode
seems to give better results than popping up the flash with a slower ISO...

Take Care,
Dudley

Dymphna[_20_] May 18th 10 10:54 PM

God, the SX120 is slow