PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Bats in Flight- High speed photo page (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=75735)

Ted January 15th 07 02:27 AM

Bats in Flight- High speed photo page

I just got around to writing up this past summers project of
photographing bats in flight using some high speed flash units.

see:

http://www.sciencephotography.com/pr...bats/bats.html

best wishes

Ted

Randy Berbaum January 15th 07 09:08 AM

Ted wrote:
: I just got around to writing up this past summers project of
: photographing bats in flight using some high speed flash units.

: see:

: http://www.sciencephotography.com/pr...bats/bats.html

: best wishes

: Ted

Nice photos. The text is also good with lots of good info and humor. I
particularly laugh at the comment that the bats fly with their mouths open
because of the echolocation. While true, I had to add the comment in my
head that I just thought they were responding to you telling them to
"smile for the camera". :)

Randy (a fan of bats)

==========
Randy Berbaum
Champaign, IL

Mike Fields January 15th 07 07:34 PM

"Ted" wrote in message
I just got around to writing up this past summers project of
photographing bats in flight using some high speed flash units.

see:

http://www.sciencephotography.com/pr...bats/bats.html

best wishes

Ted

Very nice -- and I though humming birds were tough (they only have
two speeds - hover and gone!). I don't care what Nikon says about
the pre-flash being quick enough that things don't respond ... hah !!
The pre-flash gets the metering right, followed immediately by the
main flash of ... nothing -- little suckers are gone. Had to use full
manual.

mikey