PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Phototherm constant Temperature Bath (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=28)

Ron Purdue January 25th 04 01:25 AM

Phototherm constant Temperature Bath

I have a model 14 temperature bath. The problem is the red light doesn't come on and the unit is properly grounded. Is there a problem with the unit? I tried it last week in preparation to develop C-41 type film. I wonder the unit should be repaired?

Gary Beasley January 25th 04 10:37 PM

Phototherm constant Temperature Bath

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 01:25:23 GMT, "Ron Purdue"
wrote:

I have a model 14 temperature bath. The problem is the red light doesn't =
come on and the unit is properly grounded. Is there a problem with the =
unit? I tried it last week in preparation to develop C-41 type film. I =
wonder the unit should be repaired?

The light is merely an indicator. If you put a thermometer into it and
run it for several hour without detecting any temperature drift I
wouldn't worry too much. Mine is just a neon bulb, easy to replace.
If the temperature doesn't lock in then definitely find someone to
repair it.