PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Glad news of vastly increased battery capacity (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=131657)

[email protected] July 17th 18 10:04 PM

Glad news of vastly increased battery capacity

On Tue, 17 Jul 2018 00:51:17 -0700 (PDT), RichA
wrote:

This will never see the light of day. Every year there is another story like this, none of them amount to anything.

https://techxplore.com/news/2018-07-...-solution.html

I'm still waiting for Dilithium Crystals.

(PeteCresswell) July 18th 18 02:50 PM

Glad news of vastly increased battery capacity

Per :
I'm still waiting for Dilithium Crystals.

And I'm still waiting for metallic lithium.
--
Pete Cresswell

(PeteCresswell) July 20th 18 10:55 PM

Glad news of vastly increased battery capacity

Per RichA:
You'll be waiting a LONG time for that. Transportation services already hate lithium.

Because of the fire hazard, right?

My takeaway from reading about metallic is that, besides doubling the
power-to-weight ration, it eliminates the fire hazard... something about the
solid plastic electrolyte... specifics are above my pay grade, but it seemed
pretty sure that the fire hazard goes away.
--
Pete Cresswell