PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Digital Photo Frames? (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=58684)

Dibley Fanshaw March 13th 06 09:49 AM

Digital Photo Frames?

I just had a look at the Philips model and was most impressed. Not
cheap, but coming home from a holiday with a thousand or so images could
be quite expensive if you had them all printed.

Anyone seen any other brands worth checking out?

--
~Dibley

salgud March 13th 06 02:43 PM

Digital Photo Frames?

Dibley Fanshaw wrote:
I just had a look at the Philips model and was most impressed. Not
cheap, but coming home from a holiday with a thousand or so images could
be quite expensive if you had them all printed.

Anyone seen any other brands worth checking out?

--
~Dibley

Have no idea what the "Phillips model" is, but, you've obviously had a
moment of great clarity and figured out not to print all your images!
Print only the good ones!! Wish I had thought of that...

Dibley Fanshaw March 14th 06 07:14 AM

Digital Photo Frames?

In article .com,
"salgud" wrote:

Have no idea what the "Philips model" is, but, you've obviously had a
moment of great clarity and figured out not to print all your images!
Print only the good ones!! Wish I had thought of that...

The Philips model is the 7FF1AW, see
http://www.engadget.com/2005/09/20/p...hoto-display-r
eview/

In article ,
secheese wrote:

If you're talking about, what I think you're talking about, I think
DPF's are still too expensive for what they are.

A good holiday in Europe or such can produce over 2000 images, no
problem. Even pruning those down to 500 or so shots can still cost a
fortune in prints and albums. A digital photo frame may be over-priced
for what it is, but it's cheaper than the alternative. And it will last
for the next holiday and etc, etc. ;-)

--
~Dibley

Charles March 14th 06 07:21 AM

Digital Photo Frames?

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 22:49:35 +1300, Dibley Fanshaw
wrote:

I just had a look at the Philips model and was most impressed. Not
cheap, but coming home from a holiday with a thousand or so images could
be quite expensive if you had them all printed.

Anyone seen any other brands worth checking out?

Yeah, the Pacific Digital Corp. Memory Frame PV-1. don't buy it,
you'll be disappointed. I was.

salgud March 14th 06 03:06 PM

Digital Photo Frames?

wrote:

I just had a look at the Philips model and was most impressed. Not
cheap, but coming home from a holiday with a thousand or so images could
be quite expensive if you had them all printed.

Anyone seen any other brands worth checking out?

Yeah, the Pacific Digital Corp. Memory Frame PV-1. don't buy it,
you'll be disappointed. I was.

This kind of post annoys me. One, it gives no useful information. Two,
it assumes that everyone is just like you, Charles. Three, it indicates
that you think you are the center of the universe.

Frank ess March 14th 06 09:29 PM

Digital Photo Frames?

wrote:

I just had a look at the Philips model and was most impressed. Not
cheap, but coming home from a holiday with a thousand or so images
could be quite expensive if you had them all printed.

Anyone seen any other brands worth checking out?

Yeah, the Pacific Digital Corp. Memory Frame PV-1. don't buy it,
you'll be disappointed. I was.

I have one like that, not remembering the model number at the moment.
It works just fine. 8x10 picture easily viewed from across a dining
room. It'll plug in just about anywhere, and displays more than 90
images without uploading another batch. It'll be a treat for the
extended family when we go to visit.

Oh, yes, the disappointment: at the price, it should have a remote
pause control, at least.

Otherwise, all good.

--
Frank ess
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: