PhotoBanter.com

-   In The Darkroom (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Michael Kenna's technique (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=59654)

[email protected] March 30th 06 09:15 AM

Michael Kenna's technique

Hi everybody, I've seen a catalogue about Michael Kenna. Images are
wonderful and have a "strange" very light yellow colouring.It is very
interesting for me. Does someone know how to obtain it?

Thanks

Piterengel

Richard Knoppow March 30th 06 11:40 PM

Michael Kenna's technique

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi everybody, I've seen a catalogue about Michael Kenna.
Images are
wonderful and have a "strange" very light yellow
colouring.It is very
interesting for me. Does someone know how to obtain it?

Thanks

Piterengel

I don't acutally know what he does but from the web site
pictures my guess is lith printing. This is printing using
diluted lithographic developer. It works best on certain
papers. Usually, it also produces specks from infectious
development that look a little like grain. The best source
of info on this technique is in a book by Tim Rudman called
_The Photographer's Master Printing Course_, I think he also
has a separate book on just lith printing. Its also possible
its some sort of split toning. Again, Tim's book is the best
source of info on this.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

[email protected] March 31st 06 10:51 AM

Michael Kenna's technique

See Interviews section on his site or search Google for more
interviews.. He describes shortly his technics there.