PhotoBanter.com

-   Large Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   about that 5x7 and dimensions (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=106131)

John J May 16th 09 09:50 PM

about that 5x7 and dimensions

I highly recommend this book.
See article, note table lower right corner.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Q7M...9&lpg=PA109&dq

David Nebenzahl May 16th 09 11:40 PM

about that 5x7 and dimensions

On 5/16/2009 1:50 PM John J spake thus:

I highly recommend this book.
See article, note table lower right corner.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Q7M...9&lpg=PA109&dq

Thanks, John.

Sheesh, why is this so dang complicated? The table in that book agrees
with that guy's film-holder specification page--*except* for 11x14 (the
book has 0.292 +/- 0.022, he has 0.332 +/- 0.016).

Where the *hell* does this information come from, anyhow? I'm tempted to
check with Snopes (the urban legend site). It's almost as bad as Wikipedia.

Anyhow, I figure if the two sets of numbers agree for my size (5x7), I'm OK.

Pretty kewl method of checking film/ground glass depth using a toothpick
in that book.