PhotoBanter.com

-   -   Scanning photos onto one's hard drive - why are the photos clearerthan the scan (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=57504)

Marvin February 20th 06 05:25 PM

Scanning photos onto one's hard drive - why are the photos clearerthan the scan

Sorry. I clicked the send button too soon. Ignore the first
post.

Patrick Briggs wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody understand why when one scans photos off an Epson 1200
Perfection (not accurate I think) scanner the results are slightly less
sharp than looking at the photo itself.

I'm scanning at 600 dpi and resizing the picture to 1100 x 700 pixels. I
import the picture into Adobe Acrobat 6.0

That is an odd procedure. First of all, there is no gain in
resolution by scanning a print at more than 300 pp1 - and
maybe more than 250 ppi. Then you resized the file too
much, unless the original was 3 2/3" X 2 1/3" or smaller.