PhotoBanter.com

-   Photographing People (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Advice on Event Photography... (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=79969)

[email protected] April 21st 07 03:08 AM

Advice on Event Photography...

Hello, my name is James. I'm 16 and I've been taking pictures for
about a year now. I have been experimenting with a lot of macro
photography and still life. Next year I might be part of the yearbook
staff at my school and I'm trying to get some advice on event
photography. I tried to do some on a service day at my school but I'm
not sure if I was too successful.

Click here to see my attempts at event photography.

http://web.mac.com/james.gurtner/iWe...37A6B4B46.html

[email protected] April 22nd 07 05:42 PM

On Apr 20, 10:08 pm, wrote:
Hello, my name is James. I'm 16 and I've been taking pictures for
about a year now. I have been experimenting with a lot of macro
photography and still life. Next year I might be part of the yearbook
staff at my school and I'm trying to get some advice on event
photography. I tried to do some on a service day at my school but I'm
not sure if I was too successful.

Click here to see my attempts at event photography.

http://web.mac.com/james.gurtner/iWe...aphy/Blog/5479...

the important thing is to think about the folks who will be viewing
your photos after. will they know what the event was all about without
any captions? will the photos tell the stories themselves? Events are
great because you can capture people interacting with each other,
interacting with their environment and both. Cover it like a photo
journalist. Capture the essence of the event, show the people
participating, show details, etc. I think you captured some of that in
your pics. You're on the right track. Practice makes perfect.

www.demphotography.com