PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital Photo Equipment For Sale (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Marching Band (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=48464)

Niki July 28th 05 12:53 AM

Marching Band

I have a Kodak EasyShare DX7440. My daughter is in high school
marching band. I want to take pictures of her performances. They are on
football fields at night under stadium lighting. I sit in the stands. The
pictures I get while the band is standing still are acceptable. However, I
can't get good shots of individuals or the entire band while they are
moving. I have tried night mode (with a tripod)-pictures are blurred. I have
tried sport mode, but the pictures are too dark. I bought a telephoto lens
for the camera. I got good shots of my daughter while she was standing
still, but it didn't make any difference otherwise. Would a slave flash
help? Is there something else I can do to get some good pictures? I've
thought about taking short movies and then capturing individual frames. I
won't have a chance to try this until Friday night; any opinions on that
approach? Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Oh yes-the other band
parents would like for me to e-mail pictures to them. Just a little pressure
to perform!)

Thanks-

Niki