PhotoBanter.com

-   Digital SLR Cameras (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Olympus OM lenses to Olympus E-500 camera. (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=57759)

Pvest February 23rd 06 08:51 PM

Olympus OM lenses to Olympus E-500 camera.

I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko) lenses.

Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with Olympus E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since they don't have any electronics!!

I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!

So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in an Olympus E-500 camera or not?

Thanks.

Regards,

Pvest.

Rudy Benner February 23rd 06 08:58 PM

"Pvest" wrote in message ...
I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko)
lenses.
Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I
red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with Olympus
E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since they don't
have any electronics!!
I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to
fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!
So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in
an Olympus E-500 camera or not?
Thanks.

Regards,

Pvest.

Seems to me there is an adapter.
My first and second SLR cameras were OM-1 and OM-2.
Lost in a fire.
I am not over it yet.

R.

Pvest February 23rd 06 09:30 PM

Olympus OM lenses to Olympus E-500 camera.

"Rudy Benner" skrev i melding

"Pvest" wrote in message ...
[...]

Yes, you are right. I found an OM adapter when diving deeper into the web.
But I think some one is making blood money here, when they charge us old Om
users more than 100$ for a adapter for to enable us to use some of our old
original equipment.

I actually paid less for an original Olympus 40-150mm digital lens and here
they are, wanting more than 100$ for a ring (adapter)!! :o(

Pvest

Alfred Molon February 23rd 06 11:00 PM

Olympus OM lenses to Olympus E-500 camera.

In article , says...

Yes, you are right. I found an OM adapter when diving deeper into the web.
But I think some one is making blood money here, when they charge us old Om
users more than 100$ for a adapter for to enable us to use some of our old
original equipment.

I actually paid less for an original Olympus 40-150mm digital lens and here
they are, wanting more than 100$ for a ring (adapter)!! :o(

Feel free to ask he

Alfred Molon

Rudy Benner February 23rd 06 11:13 PM

Olympus OM lenses to Olympus E-500 camera.

"Pvest" wrote in message ...

"Rudy Benner" skrev i melding

"Pvest" wrote in message ...
[...]

Yes, its sucks.

Patrick L February 25th 06 02:18 AM

"Pvest" wrote in message ...
I have an old Olympus OM-2 camera with several Olympus OM-system (Zuiko)
lenses.
Recently I bought a new Olympus E-500 digital camera and I believe that I
red some place that these old Olympus OM lenses are compatible with Olympus
E-500 cameras? But they have to be used with manual focus, since they don't
have any electronics!!
I tried to attach one of these lenses to my E-500, but it doesn't seem to
fit and I don't wont to force it into the camera socket!!
So I wonder if anybody can confirm whether these old lenses can be used in
an Olympus E-500 camera or not?
Thanks.

Regards,

Pvest.

You can get one free from olympus, just call Olympus Tech support and they
will send you one.

or

E-mail your name, address, and the serial number from your camera body to
along with a note requesting a 4/3 - OM adapter, and
Olympus should set you right up.

Patrick

Stacey February 25th 06 05:12 AM

Patrick L wrote:

You can get one free from olympus, just call Olympus Tech support and
they will send you one.

or

E-mail your name, address, and the serial number from your camera body to
along with a note requesting a 4/3 - OM adapter, and
Olympus should set you right up.

I think that promo ended..
--

Stacey

Don February 25th 06 06:02 AM

Olympus OM lenses to Olympus E-500 camera.

You may want to read about the Four-Thirds sytem, which the new Olympus
Dig. SLRs are, particularly as it relates to lenses:

http://www.four-thirds.org/en/index_01.htm