PhotoBanter.com

-   Medium Format Photography Equipment (http://www.photobanter.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   russian camera (http://www.photobanter.com/showthread.php?t=26681)

Diluted January 30th 05 03:33 PM

russian camera

I just found a Zenith 80 6x6 camera in great condition... does anyone know
anything about this?

What sort of lens connection will this take... someone suggested hasselblad
lenses, as it appears to be a russian copy of a hassy, but they didnt know
that for sure.

Ive googled for "Zenith 80" and found the manual for it online. does anyone
have any idea where I could find any more information, or where I could
possibly find extra lenses, backs, accessories? I am in the UK

many thanks

iga January 30th 05 07:18 PM

Hi !
I beleive that Zenit 80 was rebranded for UK market Salyt ( Kiev ) camera.
There is a whole bunch of CZJ and Kiev lenses. Try any Kiev dedicated site.
Best regards,

--
Igor
http://www.arrakis.es/~igapop

Ralf R. Radermacher January 30th 05 07:19 PM

iga wrote:

Hi !
I beleive that Zenit 80 was rebranded for UK market Salyt ( Kiev ) camera.
There is a whole bunch of CZJ and Kiev lenses. Try any Kiev dedicated site.

No CZJ lenses with that one. Its an early Kiev 88 and it has the 88
bayonet.

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher - DL9KCG - Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de

iga January 30th 05 07:23 PM

Sorry, the correct transcription must be Salyut or Salut.
Igor
http://www.arrakis.es/~igapop

iga January 30th 05 08:21 PM

There is an adapter I beleive. Try http://www.araxphoto.com
Best regards,

--
Igor
http://www.arrakis.es/~igapop

Stacey January 31st 05 02:47 AM

iga wrote:

There is an adapter I beleive. Try http://www.araxphoto.com
Best regards,

You believe wrong. :-)

There is an adapter for 88 to P-6 mount but not the other way around. The
P-6 lenses have a shorter back spacing and would never focus to infinity.
--

Stacey

iga January 31st 05 08:07 AM

You believe wrong. :-)

Pity :-(

--
Igor
http://www.arrakis.es/~igapop

Diluted January 31st 05 04:08 PM

Pity :-(

--
Igor
http://www.arrakis.es/~igapop

Igor, my news server did not recieve your original post, but I saw the link
in the reply to araxphoto.com

I believe that the Zenith 80 is the name in the UK for Salyut cameras as
they are known in Russia, so it looks like that site has given me a lot more
options.

Many thanks :)

Diluted January 31st 05 04:09 PM

"Stacey" wrote in message
iga wrote:

There is an adapter I beleive. Try http://www.araxphoto.com
Best regards,

You believe wrong. :-)

There is an adapter for 88 to P-6 mount but not the other way around. The
P-6 lenses have a shorter back spacing and would never focus to infinity.
--

is the camera an 88 or P6 mount? I did not get the message that you replied
to on my news server.